News: 6otM 10 Announcement

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Civilization VI - Game of the Month 10
Welcome to the 10th game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.
Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, or Myself know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed. Gifting of cities is an exploit in a religious VC the AI cant see that it will lose if it accepts the cities. .
Civ VI - 6otM 10 Details:
Player (You): Gilgamesh of Sumer
Victory Condition: There is NO designated VC You are free to find your own path to victory all VCs are enabled.
Difficulty: Prince
Civs/City-States (including player): 8/?
Map Type/Size: Continents /Standard Size
This is where you will start .
Gotm10.jpg

Sumer Unique Attributes:
Spoiler :
Gilgamesh's Specil Ability: Adventures with Enkidu When fighting a joint war, Sumeria shares pillage rewards and combat experience with the closest allied unit within five tiles, can declare on Civs at war with their allies without suffering warmonger penalties, and can levy City-State military forces at 50% of cost. Unique Ability: Epic Quest:Every time you capture a barbarian outpost, you also get a tribal village reward.
Unique Unit: War Cart :
The War-Cart is a unique heavy cavalry unit of the Sumerian civilization in Civilization VI. It is available without any technological research.
Attributes:
Strongest of the starting units in the game.
No combat penalties against anti-cavalry units.
+1 Movement if starting in open terrain.
Ignores enemy Zone of Control
Unique Improvement: Ziggurat: The Ziggurat is a unique tile improvement of the Sumerian civilization in Civilization VI. It cannot be built on Hills.
Effects:
+2 Science
+1 Culture if placed adjacent to a river

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Spoiler :
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.
Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.
After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top 3 winners (based on earliest date finished). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
In development.

This game runs for a month and ends April 1, 2017.

Attachments

• Sumer prince no vc.Civ6Save
    394 KB · Views: 855
Last edited by a moderator:
The First of the month is the easy game the 15th of the month is the harder game. We've had a few Emperor games the last couple of times so I opted for Prince this month.

Prince allows your strategy to be in full naked view, since the AI's will likely be dawdling with barbarians all game. There's less opposing forces, so pretty much the race to victory is all about your build order, and less about random factors (like AI's declaring wars or pushing towards a cultural victory).

Started a few 6OTM, but haven't finished any in a few months. I think I want to try a speed conquest. Although maybe not the best strategy for fastest, thinking scout (find stuff), builder (get three spaces doing better), military (war carts and archers - since archers cost gold upkeep, not sure that is best, but I like them) to go take what the scout finds (or should a war cart just be used as a scout to start?...hmmm). Since I should be able to take over this continent with just war carts (and archers), thinking Science should be focused on getting to the other continent(s), otherwise don't care. Leave barbarian space for bonuses from outposts. Try to get the +25% ancient military build from pantheon and ignore religion otherwise. Very limited districts.

Considering it's Gilgamesh we're talking about, maybe I'd go Domination and beeline Cartography forthe other continent.

A Religious one might also be an option, if it wasn't Sumeria.

That save game crashes as soon as I try to load it (Civ &, Mac - copied it to the save game folder) :(

That save game crashes as soon as I try to load it (Civ &, Mac - copied it to the save game folder) :(
If you're on a Mac, it is a patch behind at the moment. You need the Australian Summer Patch to play the game.

Top Bottom