1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

News 6otM 36 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Chieftain GOTM Staff

Civilization VI - Game of the Month 36
    Welcome to the 36th game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.
    Must Read!
    We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, or Myself know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed. Gifting of cities is an exploit in a religious VC the AI cant see that it will lose if it accepts the cities. .
    Civ VI - 6otM 36 Details:
    Player (You): Wilhelmina of the Netherlands
    Victory Condition: Science all VCs are enabled.
    Difficulty: King
    Civs/City-States (including player): 8/12
    Map Type/Size: TSL Earth /Standard Size
    This is where you will start 6otM36.jpg
    Dutch Unique Attributes:
    Spoiler :
    Wilhelmina's Special Ability: Radio Oranje: Your Trade Routes to your own cities provide +1 Loyalty per turn for the starting city. Trade Routes to or from foreign cities provide +1 Culture to you
    Unique Ability
    Grote Rivieren: which provides a major adjacency bonus for
    Campus
    Theater Squares
    , and
    Industrial Zones
    next to a
    river
    and causes completed
    Harbors
    to trigger a Culture Bomb.
    Unique Unit: De Zeven Provinciën:
    is a unique naval ranged unit of the Dutch civilization It replaces the Frigate.
    Attributes:
      • Higher Combat Strength (50 vs. 45) and Ranged Strength (60 vs. 55).
      • Receives a +7 bonus when attacking defensible districts.
    Unique Improvement: Polder:
    It must be built on Coast or Lake tiles with at least three adjacent land tiles.

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
    Spoiler :
    Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.
    Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.
    After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
    Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top winner (based on earliest date finished). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
    In development.

This game runs for a month and ends may 1, 2018.

Attached Files:

2. Halfdan Helgrim

Halfdan Helgrim Chieftain

Yay! Another 6otM! Thank you very much.
    Was hoping for Diety, but guess another speed builder game is fine. TSL Earth map also sounds interesting.

3. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Chieftain

The "hard" games are those posted by Leif the 15th of the month. The 1st of the month is for easier games.

TSL is indeed an interesting twist and that location will allow good use of Polders. I'm probably Going to settle where the warrior is to avoid wasting the wheat (though of course this would put the NE wheat out of range:undecide:), between polders and the land in England the capital should have enough useful tiles.

4. Belandrus

Belandrus Chieftain

Those are some large icons... April fools??

comatosedragon likes this.
  5. Khalid

Khalid Chieftain

I will settle either 1W or 1 SW to have the hills and mountains closer. 1W is good with a harbor between the 2fishand the English horses and land in reach. But I think of removing 1 fish and putting polder in the whole channel. Depends on whether to have early boats or not.

6. shogun11B

shogun11B Chieftain

Been lurking/playing a long time, my first time playing along. Just wanted to thank you all, first, for organizing all this.

Going to play tonight, just to make sure I'm clear on a few things:
    1. I should basically turn autosave off to ensure I don't replay any turns?
    2. If I post my save in the after action report the results are recorded somewhere?
    3. I'm going for a science victory how ever I can achieve it? No other restrictions?

Appreciate it.

7. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Greetings and welcome to CivFanatics and Game of the Month.

1. You should set your autosaves to 1-turn because if your game crashes you will need to reload it and you should replay the last turn as closely as you can remember to what you actually did.
    2. Please post your save in the After Action thread and you may also discuss your game if you wish. We are behind in results, apologies. But the post will be used when we can get around to catching up.
    3. The objective is a Science victory in whatever way you wish to play it. The reason for this is that others will be going for the same victory and you can compare your game. You may, however, go for whatever victory condition you wish.

Best of luck. :thumbsup:

shogun11B likes this.
  8. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Chieftain

I'm very tempted to burn two turns and settle on the plains hills SE (mountain/river/hill).....
    I am so addicted to that extra production, and being that this is a King game, I think it will be worth it.....(I'm not at all worried about lack of food tiles if I do this.)
    I don't have the TSL earth map terrain memorized though, so I am interested in thoughts on that idea, without spoiling the surrounding territory, if possible. My thought is there is no way to know yet if England is in the game, and if they are not, I will just settle England later.

shogun11B likes this.
  9. shogun11B

shogun11B Chieftain

More often than not you make up those two turns pretty quickly if it nets you production, or an immediate resource to sell off.

comatosedragon likes this.
  10. Khalid

Khalid Chieftain

My assumption is that neither France, nor England is in th game as they would be visible on the map.