1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News 6otM 38 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

Civilization VI - Game of the Month 38
    Welcome to the 38th game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.
    Must Read!
    We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, or Myself know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed. Gifting of cities is an exploit in a religious VC the AI cant see that it will lose if it accepts the cities. .
    Civ VI - 6otM 38 Details:
    Player (You): Seondeok of Korea
    Victory Condition: Science all VCs are enabled.
    Difficulty: Emperor
    Civs/City-States (including player): 8/12
    Map Type/Size: Island Plates /Standard Size
    This is where you will start 6otm38.jpg
    Korean Unique Attributes:
    Spoiler :
    Seondeok's Special Ability: Hwarang: +10% Culture and +10% Science in all cities with an established Governor.
    Unique AbilityThree KingdomsMines receive +1 Science if there is an adjacent Seowon district. Farms receive bonus Food if there is an adjacent Seowon district.

Unique Unit: Hwacha:
    It replaces the Field Cannon and is unlocked with Gunpowder.
    [*]Lower Production cost (250 vs. 330).
    [*]Lower Combat Strength (45 vs. 50).
    [*]Cannot move and attack in the same turn.

Unique Improvement: Seowon:Replaces the Campus district has +4 science but it is reduced by adjacent districts

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
    Spoiler :
    Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.
    Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.
    After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
    Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top winner (based on earliest date finished). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
    In development.

This game runs for a month and ends June 1, 2018.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2018
  2. ferenginar

ferenginar Grand Nagus

1st May is tomorrow. I'll never finish in time.:crazyeye:

3. rfa

rfa Chieftain

Um, I can't see the file.

& that start looks almost identical to GotM37

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I could have if I could get the save early enough

rfa likes this.
  5. Khalid

Khalid Warlord

The file will come up tomorrow.

Yes, almost identical start as GOTM 37. But n luxury and more water. Maybe settling on the sheep,but probably not off the coast for early galleys.

rfa likes this.
  6. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Why? is it ...
    upload_2018-4-30_17-1-15.png

7. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

We have been unable to break down the save file format to create a parser. With no parser, there can be no file upload system. With the release of the .dll, we hope the save file format comes with it.

edit - Corrected the Announcement, the game runs through June 1st. :blush:

8. cas

cas Emperor

Looks interesting. Will probably settle on the sheep and go mining->sailing. Scout-worker-galley/settler. Something like that depending on the tech timing and policy (+100% naval production) timing.

cas

9. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

10. Khalid

Khalid Warlord

I think of skipping the scout and start builder-settler. The island could be scouted by the warrior.

11. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

OK. I still have to finish "Shakanator" but i might try to play this one quickly for a break. Domination makes for a long game (in hours spent, not necessarily turns) and Deity Domination for a very long one (in hours and turns).
    I think i've never played an island game in civ 6. Coastal start seems like an obvious choice and there's an abundance of sea resources. The sheep looks like they are on a desert which would make a pretty poor tile so settling there seems like a good dea especially with 3 2:c5food:2:c5production: tiles immediately adjacent (are we going to have civ6 icons?)

12. Eyswein

Eyswein Prince GOTM Staff

- Debating SIP or 1E for Capital, tending toward 1E for the extra unimproved production in 1st ring since standard expansion will probably pop the fish first; but will miss the sheep chop and/or pasture eureka if none other nearby. Annoying mountain blocking our view; move warrior first to see if it changes my mind.
    - In this patch I always start scout in the hopes of tribal village faith/relic for the potential of the pantheon goddess of the harvest - game changer if you get it. Hence, likely scout, settler, builder, then based upon status (alone vs other AI on same island, barbs, etc.).
    - Haven't played Korea, but plan to emphasize their Seowon - it seems beyond awesome.

13. TheGreatSleepyOne

TheGreatSleepyOne Chieftain

I've been trying to play this but the save file will not work for me. The game gets stuck on the loading screen ("From the fist stirrings of life . . . ").
    I'm on a Mac. I've never had trouble playing GotM on my Windows machine. But this is the only computer I have for a while and it would be really nice to participate again.

14. leif erikson

Sorry, but I believe the Mac is a patch behind windows, so you cannot play a save created on a windows machine.

15. TheGreatSleepyOne

TheGreatSleepyOne Chieftain

would I be able to play older GoTM from 1 patch behind?

16. leif erikson

I pretty sure you can. We usually post the version number of Civ6 used to create the save in the Announcement opening post.