1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: 6otM 44 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

Civilization VI - Game of the Month 44
    Welcome to the 42nd game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.
    Must Read!
    We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, or Myself know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed. Gifting of cities is an exploit in a religious VC the AI cant see that it will lose if it accepts the cities.
    Civ VI - 6otM 44 Details:
    Player (You): Alexander of Macedon
    Victory Condition: Culture all other VCs are enabled.
    Difficulty: Prince
    Era: Ancient
    Civs/City-States (including player): 8/12
    Map Type/Size: Continents /Standard Size

This is where you will start:
    6otm40alex.jpg

Macedonian Unique Attributes:
    Spoiler :
    Macedon Unique Ability: Helenistic Fusion : Conquering a city grants a free Eureka for each Encampment or Campus in the conquered city and a free Inspiration for each Holy Site or Theater Square.
    Alexander's Ability: To the worlds end:Macedonian cities never incur war weariness. All military units heal completely when a city with a Wonder is captured. Gain the Hetairoi unique unit with Horseback Riding
    Unique Unit: Hetairoi
    Spoiler :

Unique Improvement: Basilikoi Paides
    Effects:

Unique Unit: Hypaspist
    Attributes:

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!

Spoiler :
    Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.
    Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.

After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
    In development.

This game runs for a month and ends September 1, 2018.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. Chalcedon

Chalcedon Chieftain

:lol::goodjob:

tbh this looks ridiculous! :crazyeye: reminds me a bit of the one 6otM with another civs settler next to a warrior on t1 :D

Tho I prefer pacifist games, I´ll give this prince thingy a try just for the fun of playing a warmonger cultural game. Hopefully with persia in it, as at least one other civ needs to survive and he´ll love me for the surprise wars I´m up to :mischief:

Probably settle in place on the rice, granting me 2 2prod/2food tiles, a nice 3adjacency campus, spot for a comm hub, somewhere behind the desert an encampment, a potential late +5holy site and one of my fav natural wonders...

3. cas

cas Emperor

Does anyone know if the Great General bonus to Hypaspist stacks ? So if you have 2 adjacent GG, do you get +10 ? Tested it in a game and you only get +5 I think.

One city so I finish. :p

Settle 1SW. Undecided on the pantheon between Lady of the Reeds and Marshes or Divine Spark. Amenities will limit early growth, so Magnus for chops then Amani for early game. Reliquaries + Mont St Michael + St Basil Cathedral. Oracle as well.

I will let the Prince AI build some districts so I can rampage with hypaspists and get extra eurekas.

cas

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  4. emparier

emparier Chieftain

I'm kinda hype for this! Can't wait to play it.

5. Chalcedon

Chalcedon Chieftain

@emparier yeah, me too! after finding out that the files are still in development, I already played a culture macedon game on prince till the renaissance and completed a deity one with science victory :lol:
    just cannot wait ;-P

6. Chalcedon

Chalcedon Chieftain

normally, I don´t do "prep" games, but really couldnt wait...

btw found out a kinda "bug": when you train a hetairoi unit and you do not assign the free promotion AND build the terracotta army then - the hetairoi does not get 2 free promotion but only one. but the XP costs for the 2nd (hard earned) promotion are as high as for the 3rd promotion. just wanted to let you guys know about it^^

7. Chalcedon

Chalcedon Chieftain

@cas I am not 100% sure, but I think the Hypaspists GG bonus does not stack^^

8. emparier

emparier Chieftain

@Chalcedon I actually did the same thing aha but didn't finish it since I don't want to get bored

9. Chalcedon

Chalcedon Chieftain

@emparier yeah, the prince thing was just to try out the early cultural mechanics on such a low difficult lvl (as i am not used to finish my peaceful games pre turn 200)... the deity science one I finished on turn 217, but it was really tedious against a Korea on the other continent which had taken out 3 full civs already^^
    I haven´t really played Macedon ever, but with the two early UUs and the "no warmonger" thingy, they seem pretty OP. As yourself, I am really appreciating the upcoming game!
    By now, I think I´ll take over the home continent ASAP, but I am not sure if I´m able to stop warmongering after that^^
    Seems to be a pretty funny 6otM! :D

10. Casualty of war

Casualty of war Prince

No excuse for not getting Sun Tsu. The biggest constraint is how quickly you can meet everyone and then annihilate your far-flung neighbors who haven't been soaking up the tempting Tourism.

11. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Nowhere to post my invalid results, AAR...Aarrrgh:cry:.

12. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

13. Eyswein

Eyswein Warlord GOTM Staff

- SIP (will sadly miss the early irrigation bonus, but the two +2 production squares in first ring and insanely awesome natural wonder (+2 GG/GM points) in second ring is just too good), start scout/settler.
    - I definitely don't want to eliminate any AI so I can get tourism from them, though keeping them to 1 city is fine. Only eliminate an AI if it will still push me to a win; capturing any useless city states also nice.
    - Ideally have 7+ cities (some built, some captured - or at least settlers captured). Ideally can do this with scouts, warriors, and archers so I don't even need to build the special units.
    - Plan is 7 Theater Districts with 7 Amphitheaters for the first 7 great writers to utilize. Capital will have the Sun Tsu great work or, if lucky, a discovered (or captured) relic.
    - Going to try to get 'Goddess of the Harvest' to include starting with 'God King' after getting Code of Laws and researching Astrology as my first tech for a very early Holy Site - sadly will have to be +2 faith on the desert since I won't have BW to use the +5 faith hex, but basically doing anything I can to get a very early Pantheon. If get it, use 'Goddess of the Harvest' for buying Great Writers as fast as I have a place to put them. Ideally get Jesuit Education to buy Amphitheaters as needed.
    - Build (or capture) every early wonder I can, emphasis on Oracle (cheaper GW faith purchase) and Pyramids (+1 builders for chopping).
    - Commerce Districts with Markets for Trade Routes, at least one per AI I can reach. Potentially Free Inquiry golden age to speed science for 1) get Printing for double great works of writing tourism and 2) get to Cartography to meet those not on my main continent.
    -Govenors: potentially Amani to move from CS to CS to increase Historical Moments for a Golden Age; Magnus for Groundbreaking for chopping and likely Provision to put out a few early settlers without loss of population.

kcd_swede likes this.