1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: 6otM 76 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

Civilization VI - Game of the Month 76
    Welcome to the 76th game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.
    Must Read!
    This is where you will start: 20191129220535_1.jpg
    Kupe's Unique Attributes:
    Spoiler :
    .Kupe's Special Ability: Kupe's Voyage: Begin the game in an Ocean tile. Gain a free Builder and +1 Population when settling your first city. The Palace receives +3 Housing and +1 Amenity. +2 Science and +2 Culture per turn before you settle your first city.

Unique Ability
    : Mana: Begin the game with the Sailing and Shipbuilding technologies unlocked and with the ability to enter Ocean tiles. Embarked units gain +2 movement. Unimproved Woods and Rainforests are +1 Production, becoming +2 once the Conservation civic is unlocked. Fishing Boats provide +1 Food and Culture Bomb to adjacent tiles. Resources cannot be harvested. Great Writers cannot be earned.

Unique Unit: Toa: Maori unique Classical era melee unit. Adjacent enemy units receive -5 Combat Strength. Can build a Pa. Requires the knowledge of Construction to build them and does not requiring a resource.

Unique Infrastructure: Marae: A building unique to the Maori. +2 Culture and Faith to all of this city's tiles with a passable feature or natural wonder. After Flight is researched, receive +2 Tourism to all of this city's tiles with a feature or natural wonder. Costs no maintenance. Has no Great Works slots. Requires the Civic of Drama and Poetry to build them and requires a Theater Square district.

Additional Infrastructure: Pa: Unlocks the Toa ability to construct Pa, unique to the Maori. Occupying unit receives +4 Defense Strength and automatically gains 2 turns of fortification. A Maori unit occupying a Pa heals even if they just moved or attacked. Requires a Toa unit to build them.

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
    Spoiler :
    Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.
    Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.
    After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
    Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top 3 winners (based on earliest date finished). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

• File Upload System

[*]In development.

[*]
      • This game runs for a month and ends January 1, 2020.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019 at 10:43 AM
    arthur486, Eyswein and Knightfall like this.
  2. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

Looks to me like you wanted to post it early because maybe you aren't around tomorrow @Knowtalent - however it seems like you forgot to add the save file :p

3. DatDetFranny

DatDetFranny Chieftain

Is there any way to play the game of the months on PS4? Is there cloud saving? I do own PC, but would like to play on my PS4

4. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Sorry, I do not know how the PS4 works? There is no cloud saving, the saves are posted in the announcement threads as attachments. Please see last month's announcement. Can you download the attachment and save it in the save folder of your install?

5. rfa

rfa Chieftain

I don't know if PS4 has the DLC's - if so the saves should work.

My understanding is the save file depends on the DLC version (Rise & Fall etc.) to work

Try some of the previous games here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/6otm-master-list.639302/

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  6. DatDetFranny

DatDetFranny Chieftain

Unfortunately ps4 has cloud saves... i wonder if i could put the save file on a flaah drive and then upload it to the ps4 if it would read it... ill check it out

7. Karpyan

Karpyan Chieftain

Is the save file missing? Or am I missing.

8. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

9. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

10. WildeComputers

WildeComputers Warlord Supporter

Right now, the only way I found that works is to load the GOTM save on your PC then re-save it to the cloud. As long as your console is linked to your 2K account, it should work.

I have gotten this to work on the Switch before. Unfortunately my SSD recently failed on my PC so I have not verified it truly works on the XBOX (I do not own a PS4). I can directly download the saves to my XBOX but there is no folder under My Documents on the XBOX to move the save to. Maybe this will come in a future update.

11. Eyswein

Eyswein Warlord

When I open the game it shows standard size, 8 players.