1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: 6otM05 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Dec 20, 2016.

1. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Civilization VI - Game of the Month 5

Welcome to the 5th game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.

Must Read!
    Civ VI - 6otM 4 Details:
    Here is where you will start:
    6otM_05_Start.jpg

America Unique Attributes:

Spoiler :
    Teddy Roosevelt's Special Ability: Roosevelt's Corollary - Units receive a +5 Combat Strength on their home continent. +1 Appeal to all tiles in a city with National Park.

Unique Ability
    : Founding Fathers: Earn all government legacy bonuses in half the time.

Unique Unit: P-51 Mustang: America's unique Modern Era air unit the replaces the Fighter. Gains +5 attack against fighter aircraft, has +2 flight range and gains+50% experience. Requires an Aerodrome District and the technology of Advanced Flight.

Unique Unit (Roosevelt): Rough Rider: American unique Modern Era unit when Teddy Roosevelt is their leader. Culture is earned for kills on their Capital's continent. +10 Combat Strength when fighting on hills. Lower maintenance cost. Requires the technology of Rifling to build.

Unique Building: Film Studio: +100% tourism pressure from this city towards other Civilizations in the Modern Era. Replaces Broadcast Center and requires the Theater District and the discovery of Radio technology to build them.

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
    Spoiler :
    Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.

Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.

Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.

After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top 3 winners (based on earliest date finished). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
    In development.

This game runs for a month and ends January 31st , 2017.

Attached Files:

2. leif erikson

This game uses the same settings as 6otM04 except there is no requirement for the Aztec dlc, however the map is completely different. Decided to make it 6otM05 to avoid confusion with the ongoing 6otM04.

Apologies for 6otM04 and the dlc requirement. Best of luck.

:xmascheers:

3. twyxted

twyxted Chieftain

Nice...I hope I do better on this one ;)

Is there an option to disable the aztec dlc so I can play this one? The game crashes when I try to load it

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  4. leif erikson

This game was made with the Aztec dlc removed from the dlc folder so it does not show in the save at all. Those without the Aztec dlc should be able to load and play this game.

5. CappyAA

CappyAA Chieftain

Not sure why, but every time I select this save to try to load it, my Civ 6 crashes. To test it out, I tried loading the GOTM3 save and another save I had queued up, and everything was fine.

I'm running it on a Mac using Steam. Anyone else having this problem?

6. leif erikson

Think I may have found the answer. This evening I received a STEAM update. Apparently it was also a Civ VI update because the game version changed.

Built the save in version 1.0.0.38 (235603) but now my game version is 1.0.0.56 (241523). Please check your game version numbers, I bet it changed the .dll with the update this evening.

STEAM updates. :cry:

edit - have no idea what this does to MAC version?

edit2 - checked the save and there is no requirement for Aztec to play this.
    Also, the update changed my Civ VI dlc folder, it now includes the Aztecs as well as a Polish Civilization and added content for the Vikings. :hmm:

7. RoFortaleza

RoFortaleza Chieftain

Sid wants us to have a holiday and be with our families and not play gotm :D

edit: Downloaded the save and loaded it, everything is fine :D.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  8. leif erikson

9. CappyAA

CappyAA Chieftain

My game is still 1.0.0.38 so if the save is in there it should be fine? All my other saves load fine. This one crashes instantly when I click it - I can't even see the details on the menu screen. :confused:

I suppose this is a sign that I need more practice before I can take on deity! :D

10. hrc333

hrc333 Chieftain

Another mac user that this save does not open. The first 3 worked fine. I'm on version 1.0.0.38. Guess it is just not meant to be for Teddy & I.

11. leif erikson

Even though it was built in 1.0.0.38, when I loaded it in 1.0.0.56 it became 1.0.0.56, so I'm pretty sure that if you allow your game to update, if you are using windows, it should load up so you can play.

Anyone verify please?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  12. CappyAA

CappyAA Chieftain

That makes sense Leif. Although it doesn't look like the update is live for the Mac yet. So we may just need to wait until the patch goes live for that.

Thanks for the work on this!

13. leif erikson

Was thinking about this and I checked the master saves I made. I believe they are still in version 1.0.0.38, so I have attached the master to this post for your playing pleasure.
    You will, essentially, be playing a different game from the windows players without the update, but at least you can play it, I hope.
    If you can play it and wish to post in the spoilers, please just note that you played on a MAC so I can tell who played what version.
    My, this is sure getting confusing!

Attached Files:

14. CappyAA

CappyAA Chieftain

Thanks so much for being accommodating Leif! :)

I'm going to hold off on starting this one for a week in the hopes that the patch comes out for Mac and I can play it with the updated fixes.

15. RoFortaleza

RoFortaleza Chieftain

I haven't played on Diety yet so I'm playing some games in the same conditions (random guys and random start ofc) and srsly... jesus I suck... There is no way I can get the Civ with 3 archers and a warrior, freaking barbs are so annoying. I've died to barbs, died to DOW, and finally I'm moving through but delaying attacks... I will start the Gotm as soon as I can get rid of my continent guys at least 2 times in a row...

I have no idea how to get ahead in techs and culture quickly, barbs are a pest! I rather deal with the scout and lose time :(, I think i'm just going to finish it for the sake of finishing it haha but I'm afraid I won't be able to win this one

I would love some help:
    How do u guys get a religion on diety ?! seems impossible! I haven't got 1 ever.
    When do u go for the first settler if you can't capture a city with 3 archers.
    Is it worthy to accept peace deals if there is no way you will capture the first city ?

thanks!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016