News: 6otM31 Announcement

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Civilization VI - Game of the Month 31

Welcome to the 31st game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.

Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed.

Civ VI - 6otM 31 Details:
Player (You): - Peter - Russia
Victory Condition
: Domination but all other VCs are enabled.
Difficulty: Deity
Civs/City-States
(including player): 8/12
Map Type/Size: Pangaea/Standard Size
Game pace: Standard

Game options:
Start - Ancient Era
Enabled - Barbarians and Tribal Villages

Game Version:
This game was created in Civ6 vanilla version 1.0.0.194.
Game Requirements: vanilla version of Civilization VI.

Here is where you will start:
6otM_31_start.jpg

Russia's Unique Attributes:

Spoiler :
Peter's Special Ability: The Grand Embassy - Receives Science or Culture from Trade Routes to civilizations that are more advanced than Russia (+1 per 3 technologies or civics ahead).

Unique Ability
: Mother Russia: Extra territory upon founding cities. +1 Faith and +1 Production from Tundra..

Unique Unit: Cossack: Russian unique Industrial era unit that replaces Cavalry. Stronger than Cavalry, and gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting in or adjacent to its home territory. Can move after attacking if movement points remain. Requires the knowledge of Military Science technology to build them.

Unique Infrastructure: Lavra: A district unique to Russia for religious activity. Replaces the Holy Site district. Your city border grows by one tile each time a Great Person is expended in this city. Requires the knowledge of Astrology technology to build them.

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.

Spoiler :
Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.

Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.

After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top 3 winners (based on earliest date finished). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
In development.

This game runs for a month and ends February 15th, 2018.

The save is attached below .

Attachments

• 6otM31_Domination_PETER_4000 BC.Civ6Save
    363.2 KB · Views: 416
I'm tempted to try a religion-themed, warrior monk-based approach. However, I've never tried domination on Deity before. What do you guys think?

I would say stick to the recommended victory type :)

Hmm... where to settle. On spot will be short by 1 prod comparing one to left. But closer to horses from beginning spot so eureka faster

Poczwar, I guess arthur486 will stick to the recommended victory type by trying "a religion-themed, warrior monk-based approach" ;-)

That´s btw a really nice and interesting approach, tho I am not sure how easy it is to get a religion up/the warrior monk belief on deity, even as Russia...

About settling, keep the UA Mother Russia in mind...things look very different then.
This one will be my first 6otM, and I am really excited about it! :woohoo:
I hope I will at least survive on deity :crazyeye:

Yep, it's like Chalcedon said :blush:

Surviving on deity is definitely the first and most important thing. But how easy that is depends on your positioning and how covered you are by surrounding terrain, civs and city states. I will definitely try domination, but I am tempted by also combining it with religion as Russia seems very good at it.

I'm tempted to try a religion-themed, warrior monk-based approach. However, I've never tried domination on Deity before. What do you guys think?
Since i don't care about ranking and can't qualify anyway (playing with an UI mod isn't allowed and i just hate the basic UI) i'm going to try that approach and if i fail to get the Warrior Monks belief will go Theocracy to purchase Cossaks with faith.
I think i'll settle on the Tobaco NW or SW (T2) as moving closer to the Tundra would require several turns in order to get faith as soon as possible to grab a good faith pantheon (probably Dance of Aurora as it's rarely a first pick for the AIs). NW tobacco would allow a tundra city by the river.

I played the last 2 gotms halfheartedly and didn't bother submitting/finishing even though my times weren't bad. Science and/or domination victories really excite me however so I most definitely plan on playing this one all the way through, and all the more fun on Deity!

Maybe this isn't the right thread, but I've wondered if there would ever be a gotm with an annihilation victory condition. I know it's not an official VC, but having it so you must trigger a domination victory by capturing the last remaining AI's capital would be interesting.

Settling NW for resource and bonus faith. Could go scout first, watch out for barb horses to the east.

Will settle in place and ignore religion completely, since I think, AI will have taken all great prophets before they even come in range.

Will settle 1NW for early L trade and potential for better pantheon. Ideally start scout->builder->settler->slingers/warriors, but that all depends upon what happens in the first few turns to if I'll need military earlier.

This will be my first GoTM. I never play on Deity, or on Standard maps. This will be interesting.

I am assuming it is not possible to play these on IPad? Was a big fan the 80 years ago I played Civ on pc.

Top Bottom