1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: 6otM85 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Apr 15, 2020.

1. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Civilization VI - Game of the Month 85

Welcome to the 85th game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series. Gifting of cities is an exploit in a religious VC as the AI cant see that it will lose if it accepts the cities.

Must Read!
    Civ VI - 6otM 85 Details:
    Here is where you will start:
    6otM_85_Start.jpg

Catherine's Unique Attributes:

Spoiler :
    Catherine's Special Ability: Catherine's Flying Squadron: Has 1 level of Diplomatic Visibility greater than normal with every civilization that she's met. Receives a free Spy (and extra spy capacity) with the Castles technology. All spies start as Agents with a free promotion.

Unique Ability
    : Grand Tour: +20% Production towards Medieval, Renaissance and Industrial era wonders. Tourism from wonders of any era is +100%.

Unique Unit: Garde Imperiale: French unique Industrial era melee unit. +10 Combat Strength when fighting on your capital's continent. Great General points for killing units. Requires the knowledge of the Technology of Military Science and require +10 Niter to build them.

Unique Infrastructure: Chateau: Unlocks the Builder ability to construct a Chateau, unique to France. +2 Culture. +1 Appeal. +1 Culture for each adjacent wonder (becomes +2 after researching Flight). +1 Gold for every adjacent Luxury resource. Provides Tourism after researching Flight. Can only be built adjacent to Rivers. Requires the knowledge of the Civic of Humanism to build them.

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
    Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.

Spoiler :
    Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.

Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.

After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
    In development.

This game runs for a month and ends May 15th, 2020.

Attached Files:

2. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

Stay at Home and Play Deity GOTM!!
    It is amazing how dedicated you all are to posting these... thanks!

Casualty of war and Knightfall like this.
  3. leif erikson

4. Minou

Minou Prince

Yes, huge thanks from all the people social distancing and thrilled for a new distraction. I'm glad it's a Culture Deity game too since I played through the Religion game fast and then had no GOTM to distract me for ten days. Your work o these games is always appreciated Leif, but now more than ever.

Knightfall, Uberfrog and kcd_swede like this.
  5. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Another vanilla Civ I haven’t got round to playing!

Will give this a go, though I feel a wonder-based approach to culture victory will be tricky on Deity!

Knightfall likes this.
  6. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Where to settle though? The more I look into this, the more I want to socially distance myself from the river the settler is on and move down to another one. Probably it is worth to move the warrior to take a peek first. Or onto tobacco?

Knightfall and Fluphen Azine like this.
  7. Eyswein

Eyswein Warlord

Not getting to stay and play...I'm working more than ever, but thankful to still have a job; no complaints. However, trying to convince my family that isn't working to not start this one and ask me questions before I start so I can actually play a game is my bane. If they would just wait till Monday.

And big thanks to Leif Erickson and Knowtalent for continuing to set them up!!!! My favorite part of Civ 6 is 6otm.

While I plan to move the warrior first, my most likely choice will be onto the tobacco for the immediate +1 faith, 2 squares with 2f/2p in first ring, immediate lux to trade, and potentially good unknown stuff. I don't like to move far on Deity so I'd have to find something amazing to move, but even if I did would be more likely to choose it for a second city spot.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  8. hitretz

hitretz Chieftain

Definitely settle the pipe. Hoping warrior finds a growth tile and heads SW. If the desert areas don't provide a convincing 2nd/3rd settlement, this means Pyramids in Capital. Chopping is limited unless we reveal stone/woods SW and this means probably GP needs to be 2nd/3rd city, but ~T50 will tell...

Fluphen Azine likes this.
  9. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

finally, deity culture... ok might play this one.

10. tarafran

tarafran Warlord

thanks for the game

11. Nassim

Nassim Chieftain

Guess I'll try that as my first Deity game... probably going to lose, but hey, I have to start somewhere ;)

12. Casualty of war

Casualty of war Warlord

That's a very inspiring starting location! Hope I pop an early Builder.

13. HildeboltvonBerenreuthe

HildeboltvonBerenreuthe Chieftain

Will be my first 6otm, looks like a good 'un!

14. leif erikson

Welcome to CivFanatics and 6otM. :wavey:

Hope you enjoy the game. :)

15. HildeboltvonBerenreuthe

HildeboltvonBerenreuthe Chieftain

Thanks for the welcome and for the work you do in setting these up :thumbsup:

16. Dr_Crosbert

Dr_Crosbert Chieftain

Hey there. New to the site and wanted to give this a try. Sorry if this is a noob question, but is there any way to upload this file to console? Or are the seeds buried somewhere in the file (assuming they can be accessed)?

17. rozhouse

rozhouse Chieftain

Hey Dr_Crosbert, you can! Download the file on PC, load it up on your PC and save it Turn one as a multi-platform save. Then go to your console, link your 2K account and you can load that save up on there, see here for more details:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-cross-platform-cloud-saves-for-pc-and-switch