1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: BOTM 01 Saves Available!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by ainwood, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Cactus Pete

Cactus Pete Deity GOTM Staff

Thank you, Green Light. I am playing!

2. Honkoid

Honkoid Honk of the hill

Thanks for the fast response! Unfortunately I don't remember, where I changed the file. Does anyone have the original file ("..\python\screens\CvExoticForeignAdvisor.py") available for upload? I would like to avoid reinstalling BtS. Would it work to replace my file with an unaltered copy anyways?

3. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Yes. It should work. All you have to do is to reinstall the HoF Mod, as that file is part of those Assets.

4. Lehm

Lehm Gypsy Jester

I have BTS patched to 3.13 and installed the HOF Mod but cheking the settings I see two red infos telling me the game is not vaild for the HOF.

The following must not be checked:
    1. - no tech trading
    The following must be checked:
    2. - locked modified assets

What do I have to do to start the game in the right way to make it valid for submitting?

5. AlanH

"Not valid for HoF" earnings are irrelevant for GOTM. If they annoy you then you can turn them off in the Options/HOF3 screen. Uncheck "Startup HOF Settings" and "Victory Screen HOF Settings"

They *should* be suppressed for xOTM start files. I suspect the start file doesn't have the correct parameter set to cause this to happen. But it will have no impact on your submission for this game.

6. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Yes, my mistake.

7. Lehm

Lehm Gypsy Jester

Thank you for your quick reply. :goodjob:

8. Adonias

Adonias Warlord

Second culture expand did it for me...

9. Ace of Gold

Ace of Gold MAKE WAY FOR THE BAD GUY

do i need to save my game over the save i downloaded or do i save it as a different name

10. AlanH

11. pholtz

pholtz King

The darkened squares problem resolved itself when I chopped my first forest. I guess the game did another check on LOS when that happened.

12. Mungo_84

Mungo_84 Chieftain

G'Day, I'm totally new the the Forum and the xOTMs, this is probably a stupid Noob question, but I was trying to confirm that I had the right version of BTS, so I checked the "ABOUT THIS BUILD" option in the advanced section of the main menu and it said:

Civ Version: 313
    Save Version: 303
    Build Version: 3.0.0.1 (81539)

So do I have 3.13? I thought I did because when I try to "Check for Updates" in game it says there are no updates available...

To summarize my nooby naive question, can I just install the 3.13 HOF mod and be ready to be smashed in my very first xOTM?

13. AlanH

Welcome :)

You should be able to. However. there seems to be a lot of variation out there to trap the unwary - for example, if you have installed the better AI mod then you will have to remove it.

14. Mungo_84

Mungo_84 Chieftain

Thanks for the quick reply, I haven't installed any Mods or anything so I guess I'll just give it a bash :) thanks again

15. rflor

rflor Chieftain

Apologies in advance for this newb question since I've never played with a Mod before...

If I save the game and come back into Civ4 later, do I need to reload the mod before I reload the save?

16. Sarek

Sarek Logical

If you save the gamefile and then come back to pick it up another time...
    a) if you click on the file to open it, the game will load, along with the mod, and you can play that way
    b) if you start BtS and then try to load the game from within BtS it will tell you that it needs to restart with the HOF mod

You shouldn't have any issues either way IF you've already started the game and saved the file once?

Hope that helps?

17. Thrasybulus

Thrasybulus Chieftain

Does this mean if I have Better AI installed in Warlords I need to remove it before I can play with this mod on BtS?

18. Thrallia

Thrallia Prodigal Staffer GOTM Staff

if you have betterAI installed in the custom assets folder, I don't believe you will need to, as the mod ignores anything in the custom assets...however, I'm not sure how the betterAI mod works to tell you for sure.

19. rflor

rflor Chieftain

Makes perfect sense...thanks for the quick answer! :)

20. morpheus11

morpheus11 Warlord

Well, I have the save and it opens great for me.

Hopefully I will be able to find some time to run some tests around all the holidays and get to the game after the new year.

Good Luck to everyone!