News: BOTM 101 Results & Congratulations

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff

BOTM 101: Elizabeth versus Dr Moreau

There were 15 entries, of which only 8 were victories. All victors received some kind of award, most of you more than one. Zhary and Minou deserve some special recognition for being the only victors not winning a "Fastest finish" or High Score award. But a win is a win!:goodjob:

Dr Moreau obviously needs some lessons from Dr Evil... he did not put up much resistance. However, it was indeed interesting to see the varied strategies for dealing with no animals on the main landmass.

nocho gets the Gold for his Conquest. :worship:
Dominating performances by Jovan Kukic and Ronnie1
round out the top 3. Good job guys. And thanks for the interesting discussions in the announce and spoiler threads, everyone.

BtS BOTM 101 Results:

Summary of Medal Winners:

nocho: 1220 AD Conquest Victory, 408,698 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1685 AD Domination Victory, 256,026 points.

Ronnie1: 1725 AD Domination Victory, 249,579 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Solyaris: 780 AD Religious Victory, 190,420 points.

ikotomi: 1808 AD Spaceship Victory, 160,479 points.

Rusten: 1380 AD Cultural Victory, 96,053 points.

Other Award Winners:

Zhary: 1780 AD Domination Victory, 186,088 points.

Minou: 1810 AD Spaceship Victory, 142,329 points.

greatbeyond: 1938 AD Spaceship Loss, 6,017 points.

donsig: 1020 AD Conquest Loss, 393 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

End of BtS BOTM 101 results.

And here is where everyone settled:

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Huh. I didn't actually finish the game (which, upon seeing the results, I should have done), but would have been the only one to SIP? That's surprising, as it's a pretty good spot.

Congratulations to all the award winners. Well done :)

5 of the 8 victors got 3corn in BFC, and another victor had 2corn in BFC.

My conclusion is either (a) food really is :king: or (b) the best players really believe food is :king:

Thanks for the game, kcd! For me one of the most enjoyable games in recent times, thanks to a nice twist with Moreau and his livestock. :goodjob:

Thanks for the game, kcd! For me one of the most enjoyable games in recent times, thanks to a nice twist with Moreau and his livestock. :goodjob:

Glad you liked it! (What's not to like when you win the Gold?:lol:)

I fel sorry for Minou, though... just...one...more...turn...:eek:

5 of the 8 victors got 3corn in BFC, and another victor had 2corn in BFC.

My conclusion is either (a) food really is :king: or (b) the best players really believe food is :king:

but no one could see the 3rd corn before choosing to settle there, right?

I did SIP.
When I moved my army on to the island, a stack showed up at my capital. Didn't have currency, so I couldn't beg for 10 turns peace. I was defeated :blush:
I was playing so fast I didn't even notice the AI's war prep.

1220 Conquest seems really fast for no animals to start with. Impressive timing on securing the necessary resources! The minor civ I'm assuming didn't need to be taken out for conquest?

but no one could see the 3rd corn before choosing to settle there, right?

I did SIP.
When I moved my army on to the island, a stack showed up at my capital. Didn't have currency, so I couldn't beg for 10 turns peace. I was defeated :blush:
I was playing so fast I didn't even notice the AI's war prep.

We get a HoF kind of map and both lose... :goodjob: .

Congratiulations to all winners :) .

1220 Conquest seems really fast for no animals to start with. Impressive timing on securing the necessary resources! The minor civ I'm assuming didn't need to be taken out for conquest?
According to kcd in the announcement thread a minor civ counts as barbarians as far as conquest is concerned, but I took it out anyway. :)

Dont worry my friend, theres a lot of Immortal spots in HoF which can be improoved, iam sure that you can find something :king:.
:D

Thx :love: .

Top Bottom