News: BOTM 105 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
Is this a first…? This game produced not one, but two new eptathletes! Rusten, with a fastest religious victory in 980AD, and hhhawk, with a fastest cultural victory in 1765 AD. Well done, both of you! You join an elite set of players: Despite BOTMs having been running for about 9 years, the list of eptathletes still shows that prior to this month, only 15 people had achieved that status for BtS. Now it’s 17!

In other news, neilmeister, after being away for a couple of years, has come back in style, winning fastest space, as well as the bronze medal in 1836 AD. nocho picked up gold and fastest conquest with a 1545AD win, and Pangaea silver, with a 1625 AD conquest win. nocho by the way, along with jesusin, is one of only two players to have secured the BtS eptathlete status twice!

Jastrow pulled the cow award, for an astonishingly high base score of 15243, while Deckhand got fastest (and indeed, the only) diplo in 1775 AD, and MarleysGh0st fastest domination in 1931 AD.

Summary of Medal Winners:

nocho: 1545 AD Conquest Victory, 203,824 points.

Pangaea: 1625 AD Conquest Victory, 189,645 points.

neilmeister: 1836 AD Spaceship Victory, 129,643 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Jastrow: 1940 AD Spaceship Victory, 128,226 points.

Deckhand: 1775 AD Diplomatic Victory, 126,016 points.

Rusten: 980 AD Religious Victory, 98,015 points.

MarleysGh0st: 1931 AD Domination Victory, 70,990 points.

hhhawk: 1765 AD Cultural Victory, 42,037 points.

Other Award Winners:

Zhary: 1955 AD Spaceship Victory, 43,634 points.

ric_hard: 2021 AD Domination Victory, 21,312 points.

lordofcivs: 1928 AD Cultural Victory, 20,168 points.

greatbeyond: 2016 AD Spaceship Loss, 5,916 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. An interesting variety of spots...

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Better late than never! :trophy2: :cool:

Also congrats hhhawk -- молодець!

It was interesting to play a NTT-game for once. A pity that I "wasted" it on a religious victory.

Congrats to Rusten and hhhawk for having become...embronzened :king:.

Did the Oracle go like reaaallllly late in everyone's game btw?

Well done to Rusten and hhhawk on getting the nude body statue! :)

Indeed fun to play no tech trading and actively stealing for once. :goodjob:

I was wondering, were the AP and Diplo victories extra challenging with NTT? How did you (Rusten, Deckhand) get AIs to friendly, purely religious and fav civic boni? Or mass city liberations or something?

It's harder when you can't gift techs, but in this game you always had the option of getting Egypt to friendly using favourite civic. And if that wasn't enough just gift a city.

But I could've voted myself to victory as well if I wanted. I was 1 vote off as it was. Diplomatic is a little harder -- not sure which route Deckhand went.

Spoiler :

@ShiVvV: I wouldn't know, I made it myself.

MarleysGh0st fastest domination in 1931 AD.

What!?!? I never win these awards--must be another sign that nobody's playing this game anymore. :mischief:

Thanks for the game! And I guess I should thank the BOTM software for crediting me with a domination victory when I had simultaneously achieved a conquest victory by accepting my last competitor's capitulation. :cool:

What!?!? I never win these awards--must be another sign that nobody's playing this game anymore. :mischief:

Thanks for the game! And I guess I should thank the BOTM software for crediting me with a domination victory when I had simultaneously achieved a conquest victory by accepting my last competitor's capitulation. :cool:

He he! You've had a couple of fastest space awards and a fastest diplo, so it's not quite 'never'. :) But yes, you were very lucky that the game prioritizes domination over conquest. Personally I think it's a shame that the game doesn't log both victories when they happen the same turn, but there you go.

Did the Oracle go like reaaallllly late in everyone's game btw?
Hatty 875 BC

I was wondering, were the AP and Diplo victories extra challenging with NTT? How did you (Rusten, Deckhand) get AIs to friendly, purely religious and fav civic boni? Or mass city liberations or something?
Mostly shared religion. Completely peaceful with Hatty. I switched to Free Religion at one point and she dropped to Pleased, so I switched back 5 turns later. (was in GA)
(more details in final spoiler thread)

He he! You've had a couple of fastest space awards and a fastest diplo, so it's not quite 'never'. :) But yes, you were very lucky that the game prioritizes domination over conquest. Personally I think it's a shame that the game doesn't log both victories when they happen the same turn, but there you go.
Looks like I was wrong. :blush: Previously I was assuring AlanH (and others) that the victory chosen when simultaneous victories was random.
:confused:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 95

OK, you caught me. In all the years I've been playing this game since upgrading from Civ III, I have stumbled into a couple of those awards. And one bronze medal, I think. Typically, I'm always playing for a military win, so my space victories generally come when the game appears too difficult for me to achieve a victory by force of arms. On those occasions when I was fastest to space, it probably meant the better players didn't have comparable trouble crushing their enemies.

Incidentally, I thought I would get a UN victory three years before my domination was achieved in this game, but instead I got a surprise message about "the election has been cancelled." I presume that was because my own population had tripped the diplomatic victory threshold, disqualifying me from a BTS diplomatic victory.

Surprised I got the silver when somebody else were faster on conquest, but I'll gladly take that. It was a fun game with no tech trading.

Congrats to the bronze statues ;)

Nice work, Rusten and hhhawk, on obtaining your Eptathlon Awards! :goodjob:

Jester Fool gave hhhawk some pretty good competition!

Solid games from nocho and neilmeister!

Good job, Pangaea, and nice to see you having time for both XOTMs and the Hall of Fame Gauntlet.

Jastrow really did pull far ahead in Base Score for the Cow... a Sid's Sushi game, I take it?

Decent date, Deckhand!

Nice work, MarleysGh0st! There was some competition for your Award and even in a game where there isn't direct competition, one still has to have the patience to play out the game, beat the AIs, and have fun doing it at the cost of other real-life commitments.

Congrats to all participants and thanks go out to the staff!

Top Bottom