News: BOTM 112, Wang Kon Noble, starts 1 August

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff

BOTM 112: Wang Kon of Korea.

Random Random. Wang Kon was randomly selected. He has 8 random AI opponents. It's prince and I peeked at the map. I think you have a chance. Except for the raging barbarians.

Game settings:
Playing as: Wang Kon of Korea
Rivals: 8 AIs
Difficulty: Prince
Starting Era: Ancient
Speed: Normal
Options: Raging barbarians, no goody huts, yes events
Victory Conditions: All enabled

Map settings:
Map: Highlands with Seas and Ridgelines
World Wrap: None
Mapsize: Worldsize_standard
Climate: Climate_temperate
Sea level: Sealevel_medium

Player is Financial and Protective, and you start with Mysticism and Mining.

The Financial trait gives +1 commerce on any plot that already has at least 2 commerce

The Protective trait gives free City Garrison I and Drill I promotion for archery and gunpowder units and double production speed of Castle and Walls

Unique unit: Hwacha (replaces Catapult)
The Hwacha benefits from: 50% combat bonus against melee units. This compares with the Catapult which has: no directly comparable benefits.

Unique Building: Seowon (replaces University)
35% more bulbs per turn (vs. University's 25%)

Starting screenshot

This is the start of the game (click for a bigger image):

Note that in this game, any espionage-culture victories will be counted as cultural victories.

To Enter the Competition:

This competition will open at 00:01 am on 1 Aug 2016, server local time (UTC-6:00). From that date and time, you'll be able to get your chosen starting save >>>here<<<.

Submit the save after your victory (or defeat) here, by 3 Sep 2016.

Here is a link to a list of the differences between Vanilla, Warlords and BtS.

Software Versions

Windows: This game MUST be played in Beyond the Sword (NOT Civ4 Vanilla or Warlords), patched to version 3.19, and with the BUFFY mod version 3.19.003 installed. You can download the BUFFY mod here. Players using Windows Vista or Windows 7 are encouraged to read the notes on Vista fixes here.

Macintosh: This game MUST be played in Beyond the Sword (NOT Civ4 Vanilla or Warlords), patched to version 3.19, and with the Mac BUFFY mod version 3.19.003 installed. You can download the Mac BUFFY mod here.

While playing...

Remember - for your entry to be accepted, it MUST be your first attempt to play this game, and you MUST NOT replay any turns. If you make a mistake while playing, you have to live with it, learn from it, and carry on the game without replaying.

We will open 'spoiler' threads during the month for players to discuss what happens in their games. Do not discuss any details of your game outside those threads.

I'm heading out of town for a week - and won't be able to open Spoiler Threads until Aug 5.
So, type up your notes. Then you can post them when the threads are open.

Thank you, Deckhand! I'm happy.

Barbarians on Prince are nothing to be afraid of. Raging Barbarians? No idea...do Raging Barbarians only affect how many barbarians spawn, or do they also come earlier in the game?

Settling 1W would give an extraordinary production powerhouse. But at a cost of no riverside, and having to find another commercial capital, on a maptype that tends to be production-rich and commerce-poor anyway. Wonder if it's worth it...

Just a heads-up, sea level in game are actually low, not medium. Don't know if intended.

Top Bottom