[BTS] News: BOTM 117, Emperor Asoka, starts October 18

So, here's my map maker challenge: win without declaring war and without capturing any AI cities.

What about taking over cities via cultural flipping?

I must be getting :old:, I hadn't known there's a different map script for Boreal and Arboria.
That explains why I called it Arboreal.
Don't know if we've ever used the Boreal map in a botm. Will do in future.

Oooh, ooh, got another question regarding the map-maker challenge: Say an AI treacherously declares war on us and captures one or more cities that we founded. Are we allowed to recapture and keep those cities? (And you could add a note about your challenge in the announcement post.)

More importantly, what happened to your avatar/image, DH?

Oooh, ooh, got another question regarding the map-maker challenge: Say an AI treacherously declares war on us and captures one or more cities that we founded. Are we allowed to recapture and keep those cities? (And you could add a note about your challenge in the announcement post.)
Yes. Recapturing cities is allowed. But you can't declare war to do so.

More importantly, what happened to your avatar/image, DH?
I had a default image from civfanatics (Galleon); those seem to have disappeared. I'm traveling now and plan to create one when I have time. Since you bring it up, I would welcome any artistic people creating one for me. A yellow raincoated deckhand would be great.

Here's a candidate.:joke: It's not made by me but found on the net. An ancient childrens book. I'm fairly sure the artist won't sue you if you happen to adopt it. I include 2 versions, take your pick.
the-sailor-dog.jpg laivakoira.jpg

Last edited:
^ Thanks. I like them.
And the dogs are cute, but I don't want a dog avatar.

Thought of another gray area for the Mapmaker's challenge: What about AP resolutions to DoW somebody? Can we vote yes? Can we even put that resolution to a vote if we are the Resident?

Thought of another gray area for the Mapmaker's challenge: What about AP resolutions to DoW somebody? Can we vote yes? Can we even put that resolution to a vote if we are the Resident?
You can vote yes, you can propose a resolution to return a city, but you can't propose a war resolution.

The gauntled was issued before the mapmaker challenge came to light. There's no peace requirement for the gauntlet -- strictly fastest finish.

I'm not supposed to post here anymore, but hopefully GOTM staff can allow this one post as I'm just clarifying something beyond the game itself. If there are any future enquiries from anybody about the gauntlet you can PM me.

Top Bottom