1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] News: BOTM 125 Results and Congratulations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by neilmeister, Apr 5, 2017.

1. neilmeister

neilmeister Lentils have feelings too GOTM Staff

We have to welcome back frederiksberg after a 40 game hiatus from BOTM, he clearly isnt too rusty as he took the gold. Jovan Kukic grabbed silver and Xcalibrator the bronze.
    Military victories filled all the medal places, I guess Darius is more naturally a fighter than a lover.

Here is where everyone settled:

Summary of Medal Winners:

frederiksberg: 1505 AD Domination Victory, 492,017 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1360 AD Conquest Victory, 368,593 points.

Xcalibrator: 1802 AD Conquest Victory, 174,370 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

solyaris: 1605 AD Cultural Victory, 105,422 points.

Other Award Winners:

Zhary: 1836 AD Conquest Victory, 125,482 points.

nocho: 1806 AD Cultural Victory, 87,319 points.

DynamicSpirit: 1906 AD Diplomatic Loss, 8,541 points.

kcd_swede: 1927 AD Conquest Loss, 2,513 points.

>> See the full results here.
    >> See the updated global rankings here.
    >> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
    >> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
    >> Award symbols are listed here.

End of BtS BOTM 125 results.

2. Frederiksberg

Frederiksberg Chieftain

Thanks :). I have actually started playing around half of those 40 games but never got round to finishing. The second part of the games are normally quite time consuming. I would love if small maps were used more often.

Thanks to neilmeister and the staff for this game. I got off to a lucky start and that was probably what kept me going through the second half of the game :goodjob:.

3. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Chieftain GOTM Staff

My first red ambulance after all these years.:assimilate:

4. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

That's actually a good reminder. There actually was a decision a year or so ago that we'd try to use small maps more often for exactly the reason you gave, but I think several of us on the staff kinda slowly forgot that over time. I'll try to remember that again for my games in future.

And it was a nice map. I thought having immortals made immortal level playable - rather appropriately. Still a hard game - big congrats to the few who managed to win!

5. Deckhand

Deckhand Not so nice GOTM Staff

Congrats to the Winners and Thanks for the Losers for submitting.

I started this one and had early immortal wars against each neighbor. Both (3?) times had to settle for peace without getting all I wanted. First war vs Joao took one city and the metal, then attacked capital with 7 immortals vs 3 archers. Lost 3 and only wounded 1. So, gave up on capital and pillaged and razed other city. Likewise didn't get Viking capital only took a couple cities. Didn't have time to finish nor submit.

6. Xcalibrator

Xcalibrator Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Thanks for the game, Neil. :) I wish I had the knack for rushes that many of you have--it would save a lot of time!

7. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I'll say it was a fun start as well. I ran out of gas about 1600ad owning about 45% of the map but it was getting harder and becoming very time consuming. I usually try to submit a retired save, but I got lazy with that also. Thanks for the continued efforts to all of the staff!

8. neilmeister

neilmeister Lentils have feelings too GOTM Staff

Main thing for me was engineering a start where I could guarantee horses in everyone's BFC. Immortal is hard enough!