1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] News: BOTM 126 Results and Congratulations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Apr 14, 2017.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

This game saw quite a few people going for space and for military victories. For speed, I think sossos deserves the big congratulations - since he manage to conquer everyone before even 1000AD - way earlier than anyone else could achieve a victory of any description - and that despite that you needed astronomy to get to all but one of the AI opponents. That effort netted sossos the bronze medal, with gold and silver going to Jovan Kukic (1370AD domination) and nocho (1640AD domination).

Although there were quite a few space attempts, no one managed the kind of real super-early victory that we often see. But lymond's space victory in 1812AD was certainly a very respectable date, earning him a deserved fastest space award.

Unusually for a prince level game, there were also several losses (did I somehow make the map harder than I intended?).

Well done everyone!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1370 AD Domination Victory, 217,156 points.

nocho: 1640 AD Domination Victory, 177,833 points.

sossos: 980 AD Conquest Victory, 169,921 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

lymond: 1812 AD Spaceship Victory, 134,897 points.

Other Award Winners:

voglchen: 1848 AD Conquest Victory, 76,268 points.

kcd_swede: 1864 AD Domination Victory, 69,609 points.

Lagashvili: 1950 AD Spaceship Victory, 22,274 points.

donsig: 2005 AD Spaceship Loss, 4,853 points.

Pious_Pete: 2024 AD Spaceship Loss, 3,433 points.

>> See the full results here.
    >> See the updated global rankings here.
    >> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
    >> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
    >> Award symbols are listed here.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. DynamicSpirit

Here's where everyone settled. Unsurprisingly, the majority of you went for the temptation of one of the two available plains hills.

The Small Print:
    The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

3. Jovan Kukic

Jovan Kukic Chieftain

Sometimes I achieve both conquest and domination conditions at the same time, but then random decides which victory type would it be. This time I was lucky that random gave me domination :) If random gave me conquest, I wouldn't get conquest award, because sossos made very fast conquest.

4. Fippy

Fippy Phoenix

Lymond likes flying into space :banana:

I wish you would give me some deity games with such average starts, but they are usually more like "why are we playing deity? let's use some super bonuses so it's not really deity anymore..!" :b

5. lymond

lymond Rise Up! Hall of Fame Staff

lol...lymond is trying to get good a space, but I still suck at it. Granted, what amounted to basically a low-level iso game, I would not expect superlative Space dates here.

Interestingly, I lucked into my very first BTS moo!

Congrats to all the winners! Very nice conquest, sossos!

6. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Thanks for the game. That is a really fast conquest!

7. sossos

sossos Chieftain

Thank you guys.

Can SGOTM 24 be won at the same pace before AD1000 :crazyeye: ? I find that it's possible.

When I'm playing civilization 4 again after years, I feel that I'm getting older. This is a game watching me aging from 20 to 40.

Maybe you can tell this from the video below.

Spoiler video :

Will there be BOTM 360 when I'm 60 years old?

8. DynamicSpirit

No idea on the 'getting older' but it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who prefers single-unit graphics.

As for BOTM 360 - who knows. Maybe if enough people continue playing it over the next 20 years...

9. lymond

lymond Rise Up! Hall of Fame Staff

Sossos, move your worker dammit! :lol:

DS - I've used single-unit graphics about as long as I'm been playing..seems more common they you may think

10. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Chieftain