[BTS] News: BOTM 129 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
Military victories dominated the medals for this game. After a break from playing GOTMs, Jeffa has returned in style, picking up the gold medal, fastest conquest (1605AD), and (unusually for a conquest win) the cow! Pangaea follows up with a quicker victory and fastest domination in 1420AD, giving him his second silver medal in only 4 submissions! Bronze goes to Ronnie1 for a 1520AD domination.

Just one diplo win, so fastest diplo goes to our occasional mapmaker neilmeister (1760AD), and one cultural - to DizzKneeLand33, who is also returning to GOTMs after a long break. Welcome back DizzKneeLand33! Zhary took fastest space in 1896AD.

This game must've been a somewhat hard, as there were no less than 5 defeats, with kcd_swede winning the coveted green ambulance. WIth deckhand submitting a retired game, it appears this game was ruthless to the GOTM mapmakers.

Well done everyone! (Except for most of the mapmakers :evil: )

Summary of Medal Winners:

Jeffa: 1605 AD Conquest Victory, 239,298 points.

Pangaea: 1420 AD Domination Victory, 219,378 points.

Ronnie1: 1520 AD Domination Victory, 208,359 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

neilmeister: 1760 AD Diplomatic Victory, 156,200 points.

Zhary: 1896 AD Spaceship Victory, 59,579 points.

DizzKneeLand33: 1926 AD Cultural Victory, 32,864 points.

Other Award Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1635 AD Conquest Victory, 181,756 points.

Cat Behemoth: 1958 AD Spaceship Victory, 30,946 points.

kcd_swede: 1917 AD Diplomatic Loss, 7,752 points.

donsig: 1952 AD Conquest Loss, 2,074 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Last edited:
Here's where everyone settled. Quite a few of you took the extra commerce available by settling on top of the wine. Hopefully the extra commerce made up for any frustration when you discovered on settling that you had crabs without access to the sea...

Settle-in-place was also popular, while neilmeister and Zhary both spent a couple of turns exploring first - this netted them the discovery that you could get gold in the BFC. kcd_swede spent even longer - 4 turns - exploring before settling, and was rewarded with a plains hill with gold, pigs and corn! Sadly, this didn't prevent him from winning an ambulance ;) Pious_Pete did something different, and went for the forest 1E.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Last edited:
I can't even remember how I messed up such a nice start. No plan is worse than a bad plan, I suppose. Congrats to the winners!

lol..I remember this game now. UGH..you won't believe what I did. I planned religious. Shared religion with Iz obviously early, then planned to switch to Christianity on the last turn of AP and send the caravels out, but forgot to switch before finishing. Completely changed the dynamic, so i destroyed my computer and quit in disgust.

Yay, silver! :trophy2nd:

Hoped for gold to be honest, but very pleased with silver. It was a fun map, and like I said in one of the spoiler threads, I'm glad I settled in place instead of on the wine. With pig+3FPs, the food was pretty good, and the city became a strong buro capital. If I recall correctly, I also cottaged some of the non-riverside grassland, and helped grow them with support cities.

Thanks for a fun map and game. Congrats to Jeffa. That's a very successful comeback :thumbsup:

RIP Lymond's computer :(

Btw, if you had a Turtle award, I'd probably win every time I submitted a game :lol:

edit: Oooof, this must have sucked. Many would have thrown in the towel, I reckon.
in Jeffa's game said:
Kumbi Saleh (Mansa Musa) has been captured by the Barbarian State!!!
Kumbi Saleh has been razed by the Barbarian State!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom