[BTS] News: BOTM 130 Results and Congratulations

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
BtS BOTM 130 Results:
Congratulations to the Winners. And thanks to all who submitted and to those who posted in spoiler threads. Sorry, seems I made this one too hard. Only seven submissions and only 4 victors.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Jeffa: 1600 AD Domination Victory, 219,195 points.

Pangaea: 1460 AD Domination Victory, 200,637 points.

solyaris: 1720 AD Cultural Victory, 45,766 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Minou: 450 AD Religious Victory, 26,691 points.

Other Award Winners:

UB40: 1978 AD Spaceship Loss, 6,954 points.

donsig: 1946 AD Conquest Loss, 1,329 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Again, any ideas and even maps are welcome for future games.

Thanks for the game, Deckhand. May was very busy for me, and I had to submit an incomplete game before I left on a vacation. I still want to play it out for fun, when I have the time.

P.S. 85 hours, Pangaea!? And I thought I was a slow player. :lol:

I have to admit I started this game, but then got distracted by real life, and never got back to it in time (and despite my continually reminding other people to try to submit a retired game if they are in that situation, I failed to do so myself :blush: )

I did get the impression that this was massively harder than prince level would usually be, partly because the machine guns made it impossible to conquer AIs early on, but I think it was mainly because the land around the starting area was so bad, combined with the much faster AI starts. So I suspect that those who did win must've played very well. Was a very good, imaginative, idea for a game though!

:lol:

I would lose in a race with a half-dead and heavily drugged tortoise :D

Another silver. Should I start a trophy cabinet with those things? Would be nice with gold at some point. But I'm pleased about the reasonably quick domination on a map like this. It wasn't an easy one. Congrats tu Jeffa, again :D

I did get the impression that this was massively harder than prince level would usually be, partly because the machine guns made it impossible to conquer AIs early on, but I think it was mainly because the land around the starting area was so bad, combined with the much faster AI starts. So I suspect that those who did win must've played very well. Was a very good, imaginative, idea for a game though!

It was probably a combination of both, but I also think that the horrible land and AI with numerous settlers was a bigger challenge than the MGs (and not just because most of the MGs went *poof*). I kind of got blocked in much sooner than expected, and only had pretty dire land. The golds were the only upside.

Interesting concept for a game. Guess people thought it would be too tricky given the AIs had MGs, since not many submitted games. I like unique games, but maybe this was a step too far.

:lol:
Another silver. Should I start a trophy cabinet with those things? Would be nice with gold at some point. But I'm pleased about the reasonably quick domination on a map like this. It wasn't an easy one. Congrats tu Jeffa, again :D

He he! Your line-up of silver medals without a gold (shown here) is getting rather impressive, although you do need to win a few more to beat -Asterix-!

I didn't even realize there was a table such as this. I hurriedly switched over and changed to the table showing the low score medals, AKA "Loser" table. Only to find that I didn't even make the top 10! I am going to have to fine tune my game to lose better! Thanks for continuing the GOTMs. This was a busy time for me too and I didn't submit. I did enjoy replaying it many times though.

I stalled in my first invasion attempt, then paused and never got time to play again. I should have submited my unfinished game, but I kept thinking "there's still time to finish".
Anyhow, I played peaceful a long time, so the machine gunners were never a factor (other than convincing me to play peaxceful REX for as long as possible). Maybe I'll finish it one day.

Top Bottom