1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] News: BOTM 134 Results and Congratulations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Sep 3, 2017.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

A popular game - thanks Pangaea for creating the map!

And what a contest for domination: Just 10 years (which I think is 1 turn, might be 2 turns?) separated WastinTime (1380 AD) from Jovan Kukic (1390 AD)! But WastinTime had a much larger base score so secured the gold medal, while Jovan Kukic had to put up with the bronze.

Then there is solyaris - who achieved an astonishingly early space win - in 1545 AD. Well done solyaris - your tech pace must've been remarkable. So remarkable in fact that you even beat the fastest conquest victory year! (Zhary in 1635 AD). Other fastest wins included deckhand (religious, 1400 AD) and smoreau2 (diplo, 1850 AD). No culture wins.

I think greatbeyond was also notable - for not only getting the green ambulance, but also playing more turns than anyone else - to 1950AD before a dastardly AI reached Alpha Centauri. I guess that means greatbeyond got to enjoy more of this game than everyone else! :)

Summary of Medal Winners:

WastinTime: 1380 AD Domination Victory, 600,499 points.

solyaris: 1585 AD Spaceship Victory, 427,698 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1390 AD Domination Victory, 308,332 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Zhary: 1635 AD Conquest Victory, 187,603 points.

deckhand: 1400 AD Religious Victory, 114,167 points.

smoreau2: 1850 AD Diplomatic Victory, 100,144 points.

Other Award Winners:

MarleysGh0st: 1695 AD Domination Victory, 159,661 points.

UB40: 1818 AD Conquest Victory, 112,843 points.

terminator3k: 1907 AD Spaceship Victory, 46,195 points.

kcd_swede: 1934 AD Diplomatic Victory, 44,589 points.

greatbeyond: 1950 AD Spaceship Loss, 2,914 points.

donsig: 1690 AD Conquest Loss, 1,074 points.

>> See the full results here.
    >> See the updated global rankings here.
    >> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
    >> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
    >> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
    The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Pangaea likes this.
  2. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

One turn between Dom wins :crazyeye:
    Congratulations to all 3 medal winners!

Did you all kill off the 2 civs that everyone was at war with to speed up tech pace?

Did anyone try to steal useless Charlemagne's Worker only to see it standing in the capital because he had no techs to improve tiles with?

I think only 2 civs were able to be peace vassaled at Cautious/Pleased, so WT's usual sneaky methods were probably constrained a bit. :p

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  3. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Thank you to everybody who participated and made this a highly contested map :)

Congratulations to all the winners as well, and heartfelt empathy goes out to @Jovan Kukic who was just one turn behind @WastinTime in the Domination race. Very well played by both, and really well played by @Solyaris too. That's a very early Space Win.

How many of you noticed the inspirations of the map, and how soon? Did you spot some of the clues I left around? :popcorn:

4. WastinTime

WastinTime Chieftain Supporter

My only goal was score using only Biology. Not corps. T130 Bio. farms then windmills. I suspect Jovan wasn't going for quick domination either.