1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] News: BOTM 138 Results and Congratulations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Oct 7, 2017.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

This game saw a good spread of victory conditions. Jovan Kukic scored gold, with a 1550 AD fastest domination victory. Deckhand took fastest conquest (1605 AD) and the silver, followed up by c^3 on the bronze, with a later 1802 AD conquest. And welcome back c^3 – first submitted game in a while. And also welcome back to Termitnik, who has just submitted the first game in – if my calculations are correct – over 8 years! And was reqarded by the winning the cow award, with an 1890 AD domination win.

Congrats to all who participated!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1550 AD Domination Victory, 218,301 points.

deckhand: 1605 AD Conquest Victory, 178,363 points.

c^3: 1802 AD Conquest Victory, 125,561 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Termitnik: 1890 AD Domination Victory, 110,631 points.

MarleysGh0st: 1911 AD Religious Victory, 46,600 points.

Pious_Pete: 1856 AD Cultural Victory, 12,983 points.

Other Award Winners:

greatbeyond: 1983 AD Cultural Loss, 4,733 points.

donsig: 1972 AD Cultural Loss, 3,530 points.

>> See the full results here.
    >> See the updated global rankings here.
    >> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
    >> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
    >> Award symbols are listed here.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  2. DynamicSpirit

Here's where everyone settled. I have to admit I did deliberately set out to make the decision of where to settle difficult in this game - an judging from all the different choices, I think it worked! ;) Quite a few of you chose tiles that would give an extra hammer, presumably to get the worker out faster, though I noticed that a few decided to settle on the dyes, forgoing the extra hammer in favour of an extra commerce - and of course a very good capital location for later on in the game.

The Small Print:
    The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

3. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

:goodjob: No one settled in place!
    My capital was my only non-coastal city.

My second silver. All I need now is a gold and fastest Domination; and for that all I need is Jovan and his ilk to not submit. I was very close to Dom limit - glad Mao capitulated.

Thanks for the game.

4. DynamicSpirit

I'm kinda glad about that because in-place would've been a pretty crappy place to settle. I think that was obvious from the land you could see at the start, but I'd still probably have felt guilty if anyone had settled in-place.

You could just see if you can get more silver awards than anyone else without a gold ;)

5. Jovan Kukic

Jovan Kukic Chieftain

I sometimes achieve both conquest and domination victory conditions, and then random decides which victory I made. This time random gave me domination, so you got conquest award :)

6. Jovan Kukic

Jovan Kukic Chieftain

Actually, settling on dyes after 5 turns gives you the same amount of food+hammers as settling on plains hill, because sugar is in forest.

7. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

Sweet :cool:

So, I could have had fastest dom if a) I didn't accept the capitulation (and captured another city) and b) RNG gave you Conquest. So, you're saying I have a chance at future fastest domination even when you play if RNG gives you conquest. :)

Jovan Kukic likes this.