1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] News: BOTM 141 Results and Congratulations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Dec 13, 2017.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

This was one of the first GOTM games that we've used a duel map for - so it's perhaps not surprising that people went for domination - since on such a tiny map you don't need to take that much land to win that way. Even so, Fippy's date of 625BC (yes, BC, not AD) for a domination win was truly extraordinary. Not surprisingly, this won Fippy both the gold medal and the fastest domination. Trailing Fippy in the medals were Deckhand (1300AD) and Xcalibrator (1420AD). At the other end of the date range, High King J.J. achieved the cow with a domination win in 1945AD, with an impressive base score of 9216. 9K would be pretty good on a normal map. On this map, with so little space for cities, it's remarkable!

There was just one non-domination victory: kcd_swede achieved a space win in 1979AD - the relatively late date presumably being because on a duel map, you basically can't get enough cities to achieve early space!

Commiserations to afker and donsig for respectively getting the green and red ambulances. And well done to you and everyone else for surviving so long on a very crowded map.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Fippy: 625 BC Domination Victory, 211,802 points.

deckhand: 1300 AD Domination Victory, 194,376 points.

Xcalibrator: 1420 AD Domination Victory, 183,264 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

High King J.J.: 1945 AD Domination Victory, 57,064 points.

kcd_swede: 1979 AD Spaceship Victory, 29,329 points.

Other Award Winners:

afker: 1981 AD Spaceship Loss, 7,130 points.

donsig: 1100 AD Conquest Loss, 804 points.

>> See the full results here.
    >> See the updated global rankings here.
    >> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
    >> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
    >> Award symbols are listed here.

2. DynamicSpirit

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
    The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

3. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

Congrats to Fippy and WastinTime on amazing dates. :bowdown:

:wow: a silver beating quality players
    @Fippy :gripe:why did you have to stomp on me on your path to beat WastinTime? "I coulda been a contender." A gold here along with fastest Dom in 142 would have made me an Eptathlete. :dubious: Well, now I have some confidence so I will keep trying.

4. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

Oh, and congrats to Morcar on his finish (beating my date). He's the one that was robbed a fastest dom by Fippy and WT.

5. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

lol sorry, i would pass you the gold ;)
    I actually had no intentions on beating certain dates (found out about WTs goals after the game), just cannot resist axe rushes and this small map was perfect for playing Monty style :)

6. WastinTime

WastinTime Chieftain Supporter

You forgot to mention that Fippy now has the all time fastest domination ever for BotM. It was my goal to just beat the old record, but I forgot about others competing for the same thing. Congrats, Fippy! I wasn't even close to your date even if it might look close, it's a lot of turns difference.

7. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Merci Master :)

I guess there were not many duel maps thou, if any?

8. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Wow, that is a phenomenal date..I will also :bowdown: before the might of Boudicca..er, My

Wish I could play, but can't open the files since I switched over to Steam version

9. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Chieftain GOTM Staff

Congrats deckhand... silver medal is still beyond my wildest dreams.

10. DynamicSpirit

I think this was the first one (although I don't have a perfect memory of all 145 BOTMs to date :) )