[BTS] News: BOTM 144 starts December 9th

Are you sure you're talking about Classical starts? I only tested two vanilla Classical starts, but both times the only religions that got handed out were the three for which we have the techs. COL still shows as undiscovered.
My memory is imperfect... I just remember it did not work the way I had expected. Maybe it will be as intended for this game. We'll see-

?!? Is that a joke?
Play and see.

Those horsies done moseyed off in the wrong direction
Yup
I moved units like a player might, but assuming settler onto hill. If you moved scout first, then you would probably have put archer onto the hill and a decision where to settler. Can still get horses and seafood in one turn.

Game starts on turn 0 because built from worldbuilder file. Classical start is turn 50 and 2000 BC as you can see in the screenshot. Now you will need to lose a turn to change civics immediately. So moving to horses now wouldn't really cost you a turn vs SIP.

Aaargh! So if we settle on the plains hill, we almost certainly orphan the sheep! Decisions....

Now you will need to lose a turn to change civics immediately. So moving to horses now wouldn't really cost you a turn vs SIP.

Could've changed civics for us during that wasted turn of moving mutter mutter...

Anyone able to run BOTMs on the Steam version. Can't open the save. Just started using the Steam version fairly recently

First spoiler is available.
Some interesting things to discuss. :dubious:

First spoiler is available.
Some interesting things to discuss. :dubious:
:bump:

Final spoiler also available of course. A couple posts there. None yet in first spoiler - I wanted to talk about religions there.

So does anybody play BOTMs on the Steam Version?

Hello strangers... I havent played for many, many months, but I am currently playing BOTM 143 in Steam.

I did all kinds of funky stuff to get it to work, mostly just overwriting the dll's, shaders and other files. I will make a zip of my BTS files and put a link here, you should be able to just copy them over your own files.

edit: and very importantly you CANNOT just double click on a save, you need to start BtS first, and open the save from there

Hello strangers... I havent played for many, many months, but I am currently playing BOTM 143 in Steam.

Duuude! :D Nice to hear from you again. (I hope you're not just starting BOTM143 now! I know just about everyone plays faster than I do, but...)

We actually could do with some clear instructions for how to run games with Steam - which we don't have because in the past noone on the staff had Steam. neilmeister - if you and lymond are able to get the game working, perhaps we could swap a few PMs to try and get some consistent idea of what needs to be done to get Steam to work - so we can tell other players? Seeing as this problem often comes up.

Neil lives!

DS - just to clarify, I have no problem running BUFFY with the Steam "beta" version. It's just opening saves already created by staff. My guess is it has to do with Lock Modified Assets. I've encountered similar issues (not Steam related) with HOF games, when someone has an asset change like the BULL DLL active (BUFFY can run with the BULL DLL active) I can't load a save generated with different assets unless I duplicate those assets, like activating the BULL DLL myself. Ofc, in the case of Steam, it's simply that they have some different assets in their version, including a different base DLL.

I'll look a Neil's workaround, but one thought I mentioned to DEck is the possibility of generating a Steam BOTM save by converting the original game file via WB. It appears Deck is starting to use a Steam version.

Top Bottom