[BTS] News: BOTM 147 starts January 17

1st :gripe:ing thread?

'K is ..um..not really short for OK

Actually, the AI is wise to that trick, Deckhand. They won't accept a tech they're about to finish.
Yup, that's what Fippy said. She beat you again.
Any idea what "about to finish" "close to finishing" means? <10%? (just guessing)

Yup, that's what Fippy said. She beat you again.
Any idea what "about to finish" "close to finishing" means? <10%? (just guessing)
I used to lnow. Maybe 3 turns.
IIRC, another small but sometimes useful nuance is the elination of 'can't trade'. For example. An AI gets a GS. You can gift medi, ph, and CoL all in one turn, so he bulbs philo. The nuance being 'all in one turn'. Normally you can't trade ph.

Hello everyone.

I've recently discovered this GOTM thing and it seems quite fun (usually I'm an exclusive RFC-DoC player)

I've tried a few old GOTMs without obeying the rules before starting my first real "no reload" game with this one.
Great Lighthouse seems a must in islands map... here's hoping the AI doesnt beat me to it by one turn or sthg. Emperor could make getting key wonders a bit tough !

Hello everyone.

I've recently discovered this GOTM thing and it seems quite fun (usually I'm an exclusive RFC-DoC player)

I've tried a few old GOTMs without obeying the rules before starting my first real "no reload" game with this one.
Great Lighthouse seems a must in islands map... here's hoping the AI doesnt beat me to it by one turn or sthg. Emperor could make getting key wonders a bit tough !
Hello, welcome to gotm! :band:

Exactly. Get Optics and Construction by about T50 and roll...
... out the Catapults. In BtS, you also need Horseback Riding to build War Elephants. That restriction was not there in Warlords or Vanilla.

Spoiler :

It would be nice if this detail could be added to the Game Play Differences thread, as I couldn't find it there.

I also seem to recall that it is once an AI has passed 50% research on a tech that the AI will no longer be willing to receive said tech in trade when the No Tech Brokering setting is enabled.

No post about the ins and outs of permanent alliances? If I remember right, you need 20 (or is it 40) turns of friendly (or is it defensive pact)? Things like that?

Unless mapmaker provided them not for us to use but for AI to use against us?

dV

Top Bottom