1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] News: BOTM 148 starts February 1

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by Deckhand, Jan 27, 2018.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

If you can't do the results, you could always extend the deadline *looks hopefully*

Could mean you'll get at least one more entry, as I can't see myself finishing by 11 March :crazyeye:

2. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

I'm always in favor of extended deadlines! :D
    Is that something we can do? Do I just reload all files with a new end date?

kcd_swede likes this.
  3. DynamicSpirit

Yes, you can change the deadline just by uploading the files again and specifying the new date. You don't even need to upload all the files - just enough for the parser to extract the game information, which I think means the savegame and the WorldBuilder. It's possible even just one of those might is sufficient, but I haven't checked. To the best of my knowledge, the only restriction is you shouldn't attempt to change dates that are already in the past.

(And apologies to everyone else for hijacking this thread for staff-to-staff guidance).

4. Deckhand

5. DynamicSpirit

Ah. Sowwy! In that case you'd need to get AlanH to do it if you wanted to change the date.

6. Deckhand

Sorry back at ya. I won't be extending the deadline. Not something we usually do and extra time was allocated. Still 5 days. Hope you can finish or at least submit.

7. DynamicSpirit

Thanks a bundle. Mate! :lol: But I think I managed to get my revenge for the non-extension, over in the BOTM 147 results...

In the end I did manage to finish and submit in time - but only by staying up until the early hours on the night before the deadline. Submitted just before I went to bed, and woke up the next day with the deadline long since passed.

And since submissions are now closed, so spoiler rules no longer apply [*], I will mention that I was so tired near the end that at one point, I researched Fusion, unlocking the 2 SS Engines. And then some turns later (not sure how many) realised I'd forgotten to actually set any city to build any engines. I therefore hold Deckhand solely responsible for my victory not being about 1000 years earlier than it actually came out :lol:

[*] It's still polite not to say anything here that could spoil the games of anyone who wants to play post-competition, but I don't think this post will spoil anything for anyone..