1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] News: BOTM 149: Humbaba!! - starts 16 Feb

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Feb 13, 2018.

1. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

You can name those barb subs Kraken. Kraken vs Humbaba (a destroyer)?

2. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Ha ha!

More seriously, without Humbaba, it could give an intriguing game in which the seas are basically unusable by any civ until someone is able to build destroyers. Even with Humbaba, one destroyer is unlikely to survive long against a dozen subs...

A slightly less severe version would have the sea populated with AI galleons, or perhaps privateers or frigates.

3. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

A properly promoted at outset Humbaba destroyer, used judiciously, could allow one to see if the coast is clear to sneak a few galleys and galleons across some narrow straights.

dV

4. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Chieftain GOTM Staff

If I was still a mapmaker... after this discussion, I would make my next game loaded with a mix of subs loaded with tactical nukes and cruise missiles. Sounds like this idea of mine has finally become acceptable by the community. Though I am not sure I would like to play it... unless Montezuma and Toku were similarly loaded. And the rest of us start in the ancient era. LOL!

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

This.

kcd_swede likes this.
  6. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Hmm. Loaded up the save again yesterday and played a bit, but I realise it may be a very tough ask to complete this one in time. Just a few days left.

7. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Still playing too, Pangaea.
    Sgotm busy, hope i can finish this one in the name of Humba.

8. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Despite loving this map, I've sadly given up on trying to submit. In sheer idiocy, I've started a marathon space game instead. Yeaaaaaah, that will get done... in 2020 :lol:

Maybe I'll try to finish it post-deadline. Humbaba rocks!!