[BTS] News: BOTM 152 Results and Congratulations

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
BtS BOTM 152 Results:
All victories types were represented. :goodjob: As well as two losses.
The gold, silver, and bronze went to those with fastest Domination, Conquest and Religious.
4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, and 9th places received no awards. :sad: :hug:
Thanks again to Pangaea for the map.

nocho achieved an unprecedented fifth Epathalete :woohoo:

Summary of Medal Winners:

lymond: 1160 AD Domination Victory, 241,433 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1050 AD Conquest Victory, 224,801 points.

nocho: 1320 AD Religious Victory, 189,852 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

DynamicSpirit: 1842 AD Spaceship Victory, 88,024 points.

HassiSan: 1996 AD Diplomatic Victory, 15,974 points.

Other Award Winners:

Kime11: 1878 AD Conquest Victory, 69,397 points.

terminator3k: 1909 AD Domination Victory, 61,267 points.

Igetvassaledalot: 1880 AD Religious Victory, 49,432 points.

Pious_Pete: 1961 AD Cultural Loss, 3,923 points.

donsig: 1834 AD Conquest Loss, 607 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. (gold, corn, cows ftw)

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Wow, nocho, save some naked dude statues for the rest of us! :lol: :goodjob:

Well, good thing I tripped Dom instead of Conquest, although Conquest was what I was shooting for. However, I delayed the finish by actually quite a lot of turns simply to grow and finish a ton of wonders to boost score.

Fun map, Pangaea. The :ar15::ar15:were most useful.

In their generosity, I think GOTM staff has a limitless supply of naked bronze athletic types. ;)

Fun game indeed, thanks for keeping this going!

In their generosity, I think GOTM staff has a limitless supply of naked bronze athletic types. ;)
In all fairness and equality of sexes there should be an option to receive a female naked bronze athletic type.
:hmm:I have always wondered why I'm not motivated enough to win these. Maybe it's the unequal gender issue...)

Last edited:
In their generosity, I think GOTM staff has a limitless supply of naked bronze athletic types.
Unlimited singles, yes.
But to create the multiple versions (lymond/jesusin 2, neilmeister 4, and nocho 5): AlanH has to create a clay mold, build a shell around in by a complicated and secret process, separate shell and remove clay, pour molten bronze into shell, let it harden and remove - voila! a new "five statue statue". Then he photographs it and runs it thru another secret process to create a digital icon.
Long story short, custom statues only available while AlanH continues to perform the service.

In all fairness and equality of sexes there should be an option to receive a female naked bronze athletic type.
:)hmm:I have always wondered why I'm not motivated enough to win these. Maybe it's the unequal gender issue...)
Then you would have to compete with LowtherCastle.

Well, good thing I tripped Dom instead of Conquest, although Conquest was what I was shooting for. However, I delayed the finish by actually quite a lot of turns simply to grow and finish a ton of wonders to boost score.

Fun map, Pangaea. The :ar15::ar15:were most useful.
Good for you... unfortunate for me.:cry:

:hmm:I have always wondered why I'm not motivated enough to win these. Maybe it's the unequal gender issue...)
OCE. It's a medical condition. Overabundance of Concentrated Enthusiasm. :cool:

I completely agree with your take on the sexist choice of trophies.

The Eptathon trophy is a lifesize replica of the Colossus of Rhodes. I don't think there was a female ancient wonder? If there were a female trophy, who should win it? Has there ever been a female Eptathlete in GOTM history?

The Eptathon trophy is a lifesize replica of the Colossus of Rhodes. I don't think there was a female ancient wonder? If there were a female trophy, who should win it? Has there ever been a female Eptathlete in GOTM history?

Closest thing would be Artemis, although the wonder is a Temple and not a depiction of the goddess herself (The Colossus is a depiction of Helios - a Titan). Plenty of statues of Artemis though, who interestingly I would consider a rather "sporting" goddess. A depiction of a statue with her holding a bow would be cool.

If there were a female Eptathlon trophy, I figure it could be awarded to anyone..maybe for every second achievement. There may be at least one female Eptathlete(not BTS but several Warlords/Vanilla), but I'm not totally sure since I've always considered the individual as male - or really never thought otherwise - until recently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom