[BTS] News: BOTM 157 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
This was the game that NobleZarkon kindly prepared for us back in July when us GOTM staff mostly weren't around. I don't know anything about the map, but I'm sure all your results were wonderful and everyone's dates were amazing. Even Pious_Pete's 2050 time victory was secured on a date that I don't think anyone has ever beaten!

I also notice that this game attracted more participants than usual - so clearly NobleZarkon did something right with the map! But there were no cultural or space victories, and ony a couple of token diplo/religious ones. Was everyone conquest-mad this summer? Kaitzilla perhaps deserves a mention for managing a conquest in the BC years - 800 BC (!), while WastinTime had a similar feat with a victory in 1200BC! Those aren't just BC victories, they are way-into-BC victories! Wow!

Well, congrats all!

Summary of Medal Winners:

solyaris: 1495 AD Spaceship Victory, 253,335 points.

Fine_Distinction: 1170 AD Domination Victory, 203,549 points.

Jovan Kukic: 580 AD Conquest Victory, 200,811 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

lymond: 970 AD Domination Victory, 172,820 points.

Kaitzilla: 800 BC Conquest Victory, 84,812 points.

HassiSan: 1847 AD Diplomatic Victory, 58,596 points.

WastinTime: 1200 BC Religious Victory, 17,730 points.

Other Award Winners:

greatbeyond: 1862 AD Domination Victory, 57,027 points.

donsig: 1958 AD Diplomatic Victory, 28,795 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Pious Pete rockin' out with a fastest Time Victory!!! :goodjob:

hey..at least I was trying for a peaceful, albeit somewhat belligerent, Culture Victory.

I was sad I did not play this one until I saw the Finnish dates. Good games! Maybe I could have contested for the Diplo... but I would have tried for Dom and gotten blown away. Space race date is WAY out of my league! Congrats to all!

until I saw the Finnish dates.

I mean I suspect there is a bit of a rivalry with your neighbor, but I hear those Finnish ladies are quite fair. No reason to be sad. Just take them to the sauna. :mischief:

Great to see more participation.
Welcome to all the new and returning players.

Fine_Distinction second submitted game and silver medal.
dogides fifth submission, last one before this was bts93.
Mintakans second submission.

In 1492,
Columbus sailed the ocean blue.

In 1495, solyaris
landed on Alpha Centauri

:bowdown:Talk about overachieving! Any date would have gotten fastest time and lowest score.
otoh, not any date would have also gotten the gold medal and the cow. :goodjob:
Spoiler so close :
50 years short of earliest Space win ever. (Rusten 1450 botm117)

Unusual to see such a low score from WastinTime. Lowest score except time victory.
Did set a new record for earliest Religious victory. :woohoo:
Beating the previous best time of 850 BC, set by himself in the previous game (botm156).

Last edited:
notorious_banjo has now participated in four botms. Getting a higher score each time. :goodjob:

Great to see more participation.
Welcome to all the new and returning players.

Fine_Distinction second submitted game and silver medal.

WOW, I was not expecting that at all! I put much more work in the Hattie game, where I did multiple test and simulation games, and finished 4th. On the other hand, I absolutely loved playing Isabella (as you can see from my avatar) and have been playing as her ever since this GOTM, so maybe that is why I did so unexpectedly well.

I was sad I did not play this one until I saw the Finnish dates. Good games! Maybe I could have contested for the Diplo... but I would have tried for Dom and gotten blown away. Space race date is WAY out of my league! Congrats to all!

You noticed it was Epic speed?

Top Bottom