1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] News: BOTM 157 starts July 25 - Queen Isabella the Conqueror

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by Noble Zarkon, Jul 23, 2018.

1. notorious_banjo

notorious_banjo Chieftain

Thanks so much for putting the game together. I found myself injured (nothing serious) and had a day to play. Hopefully I can continue to participate. Keep it up! :)

2. LinkDinkin

LinkDinkin Chieftain

The intro said "Submit the save after your victory (or defeat) here, by 25th Aug 2018" but when I go there, submissions are already closed. Bummer. Maybe it's a timezone thing? It's 10 PM UTC right now on the 25th. Above it says, "This game will run from 25th July to 24th August" so maybe I'm just a whole day off. Guess I shouldn't wait til the last minute...

3. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

I just checked and there does seem to be a mismatch between the date advertised on this thread and the date in the system. I don't have access to fix it myself, but I'll hassle the people that can. In the meantime - anyone who has completed but is unable to submit - please hang on to your final save pending more info here about getting your game submitted.

For what it's worth, if we say 'by 25 Aug 2018' that normally means you can submit on 25 Aug (or whatever the date we said). The system is (or should be) set up so it closes submissions when the specified date has passed in every timezone in the World (which means that, depending what timezone you live in, you may have several hours past the specified date, though it's probably not a good idea to rely on that just in case you get your timezone calculations wrong :) )

4. LinkDinkin

LinkDinkin Chieftain

@DynamicSpirit - awesome thanks so much!

But please know, if you/"the people" can't change it, not a big deal. I do have a submission, but it's not going to knock anyone's socks off with a high score or anything like that.

5. Fine_Distinction

Fine_Distinction Chieftain

Thank you for fun game, after playing this one and Hatsie Monarch I have a newfound appreciation for SPI, I never understood while some experts value its so highly, but now I see how you can leverage it and it is currently my favorite trait.

6. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Just seen this discussion.

The closing date set in the database is 24 August. So the date in the announcement was incorrect. However, I have adjusted the closing date in the database so that those of you that missed the original deadline will now have at least another day to submit.

7. LinkDinkin

LinkDinkin Chieftain

8. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Yeah, thanks. Actually finished this one with the extension.

No discussion threads for this one. I'd suggest at least a final discussion thread.

9. Fine_Distinction

Fine_Distinction Chieftain

[QUOTE="lymond, post: 15207226, member: 139622"
    No discussion threads for this one. I'd suggest at least a final discussion thread.[/QUOTE]
    +1 Discussion threads are one of the best parts of GOTMs.

10. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Deckhand has now started a discussion thread here. Thanks for asking - nice to see that people are interested enough to remind us about the spoiler threads :)