[BTS] News: BOTM 163 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
So what happened? Mongols, keshiks, noble difficulty, keshiks, all land map. Did I mention keshiks? I even made sure there were horses easily available so you could build the ummm... forgotten what the unit is called but it's something good.

So where were all the BC victories I was expecting?

You all have sossos to thank that I haven't given a detention to the entire community for poor performance. Because sossos is the only one who managed a BC victory. Yes, sossos saved you all with his 150 BC fastest conquest.

Actually the other fastest awards weren't too bad. Solyaris took fastest space at a very impressive 1560 AD (and the gold medal). deckhand fastest domination in 1110 AD and the bronze medal. nocho fastest diplo in 1370 AD and no medal. Silver medal to Jovan Kukic for an 800 AD conquest. Hmmmmm. Not quiiite as good a date as sossos ;-). Oh and we had a couple of other 1500s AD fastest victories... High King J.J. for religions and neilmeister for cultural.

Well done to all those of you who managed to get a BC victory!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Solyaris: 1560 AD Spaceship Victory, 285,737 points.

Jovan Kukic: 800 AD Conquest Victory, 213,823 points.

deckhand: 1110 AD Domination Victory, 197,848 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

nocho: 1370 AD Diplomatic Victory, 160,797 points.

sossos: 150 BC Conquest Victory, 84,133 points.

High King J.J.: 1560 AD Religious Victory, 67,540 points.

neilmeister: 1510 AD Cultural Victory, 57,020 points.

Other Award Winners:

Krikav: 300 AD Conquest Victory, 52,690 points.

HassiSan: 1918 AD Domination Victory, 39,500 points.

donsig: 1960 AD Diplomatic Victory, 23,289 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. Almost everyone decided to move to a tile that enabled faster worker build. The most popular choice was the sugar, which didn't cost a turn to move (but did lose some food overall in the long run), but a few people chose the plains hill or the stone - both of which would cost a turn to move to, but both had lots of food. The stone also lost the riverside benefits, but you could argue that's a small price to pay for a grassland pig ;)

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

I had moved to the PH, all ready to settle, but my scout discovered the pigs...so for me it was a no brainer to settle on the stone.

Congrats all on the dates, some impressive times in there

edit: and I think I farmed one of the sugars, and cottaged the other.... very nice tiles!

Congratulations, sossos for your BC conquest :bowdown: and Solyaris for golden spaceship :clap:
I have to be satisfied with awardless silver this time :)

Last edited:
It’s good to see you all playing civ 4 again.

@WastinTime and @Jovan Kukic
I remember exactly that last time when I played BOTM, Jovan also sent me a congratulation message. It makes me feel good that you two experts still remember me.

Every time when I play civ 4 after years of interval, I feel that I’m getting older. All the things over these years were passing my memory like flashes, but I can still recall clearly how I was first fascinated by the civilization series 20+ years ago. Sometimes I feel that my life in this game is true and solid while the real world is like a dream which I don’t have the luxury to leave though.

For this map, I think Solyaris’s victory time might be even more difficult to beat than mine. Thanks DS selecting Mongol as it fits to my playing style very well and I’d like to share a video for my honor to GK who have 17 million descendants nowadays.

Top Bottom