1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] News: BOTM 177 Results and Congratulations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Jul 24, 2019.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Looks like you guys really took my challenge of conquering with impis to heart… Domination and conquest were completely the order of the day, with 4 conquest victories, 8 domination victories and NO other victory types at all! @Fippy lead the way in fast dates with an astonishing 350BC conquest victory. No-one else quite managed a BC victory, but @federiksberg came close – 50AD conquest, followed by @Jovan Kukic’s 275 AD conquest, winning the gold medal for highest score in the process. @Deckhand claimed silver and @shyuhe bronze. But fastest domination went to @krikav in 1130AD. At the other end of the speed scale, @sevnhuts managed to get the cow award for highest base score, with a late 1874 AD domination.

Well done everyone!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 275 AD Conquest Victory, 210,817 points.

deckhand: 1500 AD Domination Victory, 160,039 points.

shyuhe: 720 AD Conquest Victory, 151,012 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

krikav: 1130 AD Domination Victory, 122,582 points.

Fippy: 350 BC Conquest Victory, 119,726 points.

sevnhuts: 1874 AD Domination Victory, 65,690 points.

Other Award Winners:

frederiksberg: 50 AD Conquest Victory, 80,345 points.

greatbeyond: 1884 AD Domination Victory, 48,358 points.

>> See the full results here.
    >> See the updated global rankings here.
    >> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
    >> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
    >> Award symbols are listed here.

krikav likes this.
  2. DynamicSpirit

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
    The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

3. Frederiksberg

Frederiksberg Deity

Amazing conquest dates :goodjob:. It's quite rare that a conquest wins gold also.

Thanks to DS for the map and sorry about messing up the map of where we settled :mischief:

4. DynamicSpirit

That's OK. I figured you only moved up there because you wanted to make the 'where we settled' map as big as possible ;)

Out of interest, what motivated you? Corn and gems in the starting spot not good enough? :mischief:

5. Frederiksberg

Frederiksberg Deity

I was, of course, from the beginning lazer focused on the size of this map :smoke:

Actually it's a gambit I sometimes do on the lower difficulty levels. By moving the settler closer to a potential target the warrior rush can be sped up. Starting spot was fine and I came back and settled my 3rd city there.

6. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

I still hold the record in BotM 29.
    It's the record for the largest settling map and, by far, the worst capital ever. Zero resources!

Frederiksberg likes this.
  7. DynamicSpirit

Haha! And for clarity, it was of course YOUR position that was the worst ever, after you walked for miles. The starting location of that game had plenty of food! :D

Actually that map takes me back - judging from the crude look of it, that must've been produced by a very early version of the app that generates them. I'm not convinced it's the biggest though. I suspect there may have been one or two others of similar size, but I don't have time to dredge through them to check .

8. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

Correct. It was Epic speed, so like @Frederiksberg, I was going for a warrior (quechua) rush. I had to move closer to the AI. I wanted to find a Gold tile, but the minimum was a 5 hammer start (settle plains-hill, work a forest-plains-hill). I did mange to find that.

Frederiksberg likes this.
  9. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Fake news! You settled on aluminum! :scan:

Kaitzilla likes this.