[BTS] News: BOTM 178 Results and Congratulations

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Well plenty of you solved the puzzle and were able to win the game with a variety of tactics employed which was pleasing to see. Cutting off resources, going full out with Corp spread, taking alphabet via the oracle were some of the tactics used.

Initially my intention had been that you would be able to reach Toku by sea, it was only late on I realised this wouldn't work!! In my two test games I ignored him and won a space victory and then made contact by planting a city next to the mountain range and using the Great Artist from Music to expand my borders and make contact, I then gifted him a city with Christianity and won a religious victory.

Kaitzilla used his in-depth knowledge of capitulation to gift and then conquer cities, others used the "teleportation" mechanics whilst others went the Paratroop route.

Well done to one and all.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Kaitzilla: 700 AD Conquest Victory, 343,702 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1030 AD Domination Victory, 289,885 points.

Termitnik: 1130 AD Domination Victory, 274,950 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

WastinTime: 800 AD Domination Victory, 256,570 points.

krikav: 1545 AD Religious Victory, 215,016 points.

shulec: 1987 AD Spaceship Victory, 44,281 points.

Other Award Winners:

deckhand: 1820 AD Conquest Victory, 95,895 points.

HassiSan: 2013 AD Domination Victory, 21,035 points.

Pious_Pete: 2021 AD Spaceship Victory, 14,122 points.

undead: 1996 AD Conquest Loss, 3,132 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

The settling map is much more varied than usual as it reflects the second city with the Capital already founded at the start, although there was a clear favourite.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Sweet! This game got me my Eptathlon award! Woo hoo!!
It did indeed. My apologies to you and to Noble Zarkon. My script that flags up new Eptathlon winners to the Staff was fooled by the fact that this game was completed later than BOTM 179, so NZ wasn't aware that he needed to announce this achievement.

Congratulations on your award, which also appears in the Pantheon.

I'll now go and try to fix my script :rolleyes:

Top Bottom