[BTS] News: BOTM 181 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
The gold medal and fastest/only conquest (1350 AD) go to Jovan Kukic. Not a bad result given the watery map and lack of war-fighting resources. Silver medal actually went to a peaceful victory - neilmeister reached Alpha Centauri at a very respectable date of 1770 AD. In the real World, in 1770 AD, the French revolution hadn't yet happened and the USA didn't yet exist!

Back to Civ and a bronze medal for MarleysGh0st - domination in 1790 AD, but beaten in date by UB40's 1730 AD win. Other notables were fastest/only diplo for jerza in 1898 AD, and fastest/only culture for berolsaurus in 1995 AD.

And a special mention to Kaitzilla for being the only person who submitted a challenger save. Since challenger meant you were playing at deity instead of noble level, that made a huge difference. Unfortunately Katizilla didn't manage to complete the game, so no medals.

Well done everyone!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1350 AD Conquest Victory, 191,743 points.

neilmeister: 1770 AD Spaceship Victory, 138,992 points.

MarleysGh0st: 1790 AD Domination Victory, 94,301 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

UB40: 1730 AD Domination Victory, 90,914 points.

jerza: 1898 AD Diplomatic Victory, 50,546 points.

Kime11: 1953 AD Domination Victory, 37,063 points.

berolsaurus: 1995 AD Cultural Victory, 4,721 points.

Other Award Winners:

greatbeyond: 2031 AD Domination Victory, 11,553 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Last edited:
Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Wow, a bronze! :cool:

You make it sound like I've been gone for a long time, though. I had a long road trip earlier this summer, but I only missed getting an official entry for BOTM 176. Even that one, I played for fun after I got home.

Thanks for the game. And apologies to Venus for bending her instructions. As Mars and Jove and the rest of the pantheon whispered to me...Pax Romana.

My 'peaceful' victory was far from it... just a few percent under the domination limit :)

Enjoyable game.... I got lucky trading for IW and seeing some available on the Ethiopian island!

Top Bottom