[BTS] News: BOTM 187 Results and Congratulations

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
BtS BOTM 187 Results:

Thanks for playing. Sixteen submissions, Fourteen Victories, representing all victory types. No losses. Four Challenger games (3 complete).
No Horses (nor elephants).
Spoiler Sorry I'm Late. :
This is very overdo. I won't delay it any longer by saying more.

Summary of Medal Winners:

nocho: 1290 AD Domination Victory, 278,503 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1280 AD Domination Victory, 249,140 points.

BornInCantaloup: 1510 AD Domination Victory, 239,709 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

shulec: 1200 AD Domination Victory, 239,005 points.

Kaitzilla: 1615 AD Conquest Victory, 199,033 points.

notorious_banjo: 1710 AD Religious Victory, 106,405 points.

DynamicSpirit: 1812 AD Spaceship Victory, 104,133 points.

socralynnek: 1907 AD Diplomatic Victory, 56,145 points.

greatbeyond: 1933 AD Domination Victory, 46,884 points.

Other Award Winners:

MarleysGh0st: 1650 AD Conquest Victory, 152,122 points.

Kime11: 1814 AD Religious Victory, 72,915 points.

undead: 1945 AD Diplomatic Victory, 32,135 points.

======

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

Interesting looking at the different settling positions. I went for the sugar in order to get a quick initial worker, without 'wasting' a super-good food tile, and I assume the others who settled there were motivated similar,ly although @Noble Zarkon must've only decided that after the first turn.

I'm going to hazard a guess that @greatbeyond was looking for the fastest possible start, @shulec and @Kaitzilla would have been looking for a high-production capital to churn out military, while the majority who settled in place were happy to take advantage of the huge food the capital would have at size 3.

FWIW as I recall, I figured too late the sugar might have been a miscalculation because having the worker 2 turns earlier was partially offset by the worker taking 2 turns to reach a corn tile (if that was the first choice to improve).

Last edited:
Oh, wow, my first award in Civ4 if I recall correctly, after so many years, I can now stop playing again....

Pays out to have chosen a not so obvious victory condition this time and spend the tedious time for out...

Oh, wow, my first award in Civ4 if I recall correctly, after so many years, I can now stop playing again....

Pays out to have chosen a not so obvious victory condition this time and spend the tedious time for out...
Congratulations. :thumbsup:
Yes, your first award.
Sorry, I noticed your name as not "one of the regulars" and looked you up. Observed you weren't new; but failed to notice this was your first (non ambulance, non lowest) award.

Top Bottom