[BTS] News: BOTM 196 - Gandhi, Always Peace - Results and Congratulations

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
People enjoyed this but no one went for @WastinTime's BOTM 66 strategy of walking a long way to settle the first city and then culture flipping an AI! In my test game I culture flipped 2 AIs early on (with map and strategy knowledge obviously!). BOTM 66 was the birth of culture by espionage by the way.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Powerfaker: 1735 AD Spaceship Victory, 176,095 points.

lymond: 1808 AD Spaceship Victory, 107,696 points.

Conquistador 63: 1745 AD Spaceship Victory, 96,193 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

nocho: 1795 AD Domination Victory, 85,818 points.

Kime11: 1905 AD Diplomatic Victory, 72,759 points.

Tobiyogi: 1515 AD Cultural Victory, 45,187 points.

Other Award Winners:

zbgayumn: 1945 AD Diplomatic Victory, 28,701 points.

CKS: 1818 AD Cultural Victory, 16,476 points.

Lagashvili: 1938 AD Spaceship Victory, 14,819 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Last edited:
Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Here's the summary from the original game:-

Well what a game! This was Always Peace, which meant no wars against any AI's. Amazingly, WastinTime pulled off a conquest victory. I think that's got to be one of the most impressive achievements I've seen in a GOTM, and a great demonstration of the resourcefulness of the GOTM community! Quite a few people also managed domination victories, but shulec managed the fastest one, in 1480AD. The map was deliberately designed to ensure peaceful domination might be possible, but even so it's a remarkable achievement. The gold medal went to conquistador63 for his impressive 1665AD space ship victory and a score of just over 150 thousand. Despite the Always Peace Setting, every victory type (except Time) was represented.

Altogether 55 people submitted entries, and of those 46 managed victories of some sort. Most of the remainder were down to bad luck - people getting overtaken by AI cultural victories.

I did walked up to Ragnar (knowing what WT did) and flipped his capital. But then, since I never played Terra map before, I was playing too slowly to finish in time. It is really cool ti flip an AI capital :D - but you have not much choice of your starting location in such case, and I ended up with just 1 food in the capital initially versus super-nice starting location, so it is not as sweet as it seems, although definitely helps.

Comparing the results from the original game with this one, looks like someone has forgotten how to play this game. :old:

yeah, was feeling sad for you :hug: something happened this time? Or first time around you just got such a great time, which was difficult not only to beat (nobody did!) or even reproduce :lol:

yeah, was feeling sad for you :hug: something happened this time? Or first time around you just got such a great time, which was difficult not only to beat (nobody did!) or even reproduce :lol:
Nobody beats there original game?? Makes you wonder what's the value of (starting with) great artists. Apparently it's a down grade of ones game :lol:

No domination in the topscore. That's very unusual. I put quite some effort in making it those guys very hard. Only one managed to even win that way. City flipping is definitely not easy. I did one attempt with a culture bomb. One flipped ± right away, one stayed below 50% culture and never revolted/flipped. Concluded that this was not my cup of tea.

Edit: Oh wait, the original game started with artists too. ignore 1st remark

Last edited:
Top Bottom