[BTS] News: BOTM 200 - Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
Remember this game? The first of the two team game, in which you chose which civ to play? @Noble Zarkon is unfortunately busy with real-life stuff so I've taken over results-publishing.

I'm not at all surprised that neither of the challenger entries won, given the starting location - though the fact that @WastinTime managed to even survive until the 20th century seems quite an achievement! Actually I'm somewhat surprised that so many contender saves managed to win, given the huge advantages the adventurer team started with. So well done, especially to @Frederiksberg (cow, gold in 1802AD), @Pangaea (silver, fastest diplo in 1725 AD), @Jovan Kukic (bronze, fastest domination in 1755 AD), and @MirrorGuard (fastest space in 1914 AD. And on his/her first ever BOTM entry! @MirrorGuard - welcome!)

Congrats everyone!

Summary of Medal Winners:

frederiksberg: 1802 AD Diplomatic Victory, 155,375 points.

Pangaea: 1725 AD Diplomatic Victory, 150,840 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1755 AD Domination Victory, 141,013 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

MirrorGuard: 1914 AD Spaceship Victory, 51,817 points.

Other Award Winners:

kcd_swede: 1675 AD Domination Victory, 122,738 points.

Tobiyogi: 1700 AD Cultural Victory, 64,161 points.

greatbeyond: 1972 AD Spaceship Victory, 19,128 points.

WastinTime: 1922 AD Spaceship Loss, 8,940 points.

SittinDown: 1919 AD Spaceship Loss, 5,362 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Last edited:
Here's where everyone settled. This map needs a bit of explanation, because the unique circumstances of this game confused our first-city map generator quite a bit.

For contender saves, you started with a pre-settled city, New Olympus, so what the map is actually showing is where you settled your next (non-conquered) city.

For adventurer and challenger saves (player names in blue or red), the same reasoning applies - except the map generator doesn't know that you were playing a different team: So what it's actually showing is where the AI-controlled Zeus settled. Maybe you can pick up a few tips from the AI about how to do it :lol:

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

So well done, especially to @Frederiksberg (cow, gold, fastest diplo in 1802AD), @Pangaea (silver, fastest conquest in 1725 AD)
Woot :) Looking at the results, that would be gold and cow for Fredriksberg, silver and fastest diplo to me

An extremely interesting and unusual game, as seen from the different spoiler threads. The barbs were BRUTAL early on, and postponed settling cities. 99% sure I would have been wiped out without the starting super-archer, because I was naive and postponed getting Archery for a good while. Which is also why I had to settle so close to home, on the "safe" side of the map, close to another AI.

Jovan Kukic arguably has the most impressive game, somehow winning domination here, very much against the odds. Don't think he wrote in the spoiler threads, but suppose the ice was filled out? May have needed to take a bite out of the fearsome Chinese too, as they had so much land available to them.

Jovan Kukic arguably has the most impressive game, somehow winning domination here, very much against the odds. Don't think he wrote in the spoiler threads, but suppose the ice was filled out? May have needed to take a bite out of the fearsome Chinese too, as they had so much land available to them.
You got silver, I got bronze. You are right, I took some ice and chunk of China. Game was so long ago, but I still remember settling on ice and giving those cities to my teammate :)

Wow... one of the rare times my score is over 100k, and I still get another shield. Just... wow. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom