News: BOTM 200 - Zeus, Immortal - Starts 18th Sept

This is what I was thinking of but I'm not convinced it's a bug on rereading it.
Sounded chaotic and a rather epic game (and writeup!), but doesn't sound like a bug. Just weirdness with all the defensive pacts and whatnot.

So our teammate is in the south, stuck in jungle. Apart from that it looks like an excellent city, so BOTM 201 will be a good one too I suppose.

No Pacifism goodiness then, without any religions. Nor OR. Ah well. No biggie.

I do love the way, in choosing challenger/contender/adventurer in this game, you're not just choosing a difficulty but also a different flavour of game.

Indeed. I'll try the Contender save, for my official attempt, but then I'll probably play the other two saves for fun. Between BOTM 200 and 201, we'll have the chance to experience playing six out the ten civilizations in this game!

You might get to play 6 different leaders, but only 3 different civilizations. ;)

Well, okay.

I actually hadn't noticed the extra images that had been added to the OP. That actually adds some important data for our strategic decisions. IW is going to be mighty important, in order for our teammate Poiseidon to start exploiting those gems and pigs!

The ice start now looks even worse.

Yep, that Cronos start is worse than the Genghis start last game, which was probably the worst starting position I've ever seen in a GOTM.

come on, Genghis start was not bad, there was even horse - but that True Mongol scout appearing turn 4 and frigates couple turn later were ..

Thanks for updating the pics, Noble Zarkon.
It's good to know who we are teamed with, leader traits + surroundings, it will influence the tech path.
I wonder if everyone plays in a team, also AI + AI? If not, we should have a huge tech lead very soon.
If I oracle CoL or bulb Philo, there will be no religion neither another reward?

I wonder if everyone plays in a team, also AI + AI? If not, we should have a huge tech lead very soon.
For each of the starting positions (Contender, Adventurer, Challenger) there is a pair of teams so you will have a team mate whose research you can direct, share war with etc.
As was noted in the discussion research costs are doubled for teams.

If I oracle CoL or bulb Philo, there will be no religion neither another reward?
Correct, religious techs have even less value in this scenario.

Of course with the gods of Mount Olympus walking the earth human religions cannot be allowed to thrive and they have been consigned to the underworld where no living being may go, even if you could get by the fearsome Cerberus.
Challenge accepted! I'll try to achieve religious victory since it sounds 'impossible'. I understand that it will likely require paratroopers. If there is no access to the underworld, even with Astronomy, then religions won't spread.
And even if you can get there with Astro, a holy city needs to be connected to the coast.
And I'm aware that the AP is pre-built. Obviously in the underworld. So I will have to extract the AP religion from there.

Conquest VC also seems extremely difficult, so that's my backup plan.

I kinda like the ice start ... for the purity of it. Not that many agonizing decisions early on, pretty clear what tiles to work and what to do - run!

Challenge accepted! I'll try to achieve religious victory since it sounds 'impossible'. I understand that it will likely require paratroopers. If there is no access to the underworld, even with Astronomy, then religions won't spread.
And even if you can get there with Astro, a holy city needs to be connected to the coast.
And I'm aware that the AP is pre-built. Obviously in the underworld. So I will have to extract the AP religion from there.

Conquest VC also seems extremely difficult, so that's my backup plan.
I’m guessing the underworld is minor civs. Who knows how that works with AP.

I’m guessing the underworld is minor civs. Who knows how that works with AP.
I wonder the same but you won't find out from this game, I know I said I wouldn't reveal anything else but it will be obvious when you open the game so might as well.

Right, and there might be some monkey business with GPP, I'm not sure if great people are double points tho.
It starts as 100GPP as per normal, but it adds 50 for every GP your teammate pops, as well as the usual +100 for each GP you pop.

It starts as 100GPP as per normal, but it adds 50 for every GP your teammate pops, as well as the usual +100 for each GP you pop.
Thanks, that is good to know. Time sure flies. Not started on either this or 199, but wanted to play them both. Good thing we have slightly more time for this one.

Do anybody know how it works with resources in a team setting like this? For example, once both the gems are hooked up for Poseidon, do we have access to them as well?

Looking at one of the screenshots again, that archer is not kidding around.
Spoiler :
Says "Level 1" too, so I guess at 2XP he can get another one? Hope we don't have to use him a lot, but then I'm not sure how brutal these super-charged barbs will be (or if they have extra techs).

botm200archer.jpg

Top Bottom