1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: BOTM 200 - Zeus, Immortal - Starts 18th Sept

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by Noble Zarkon, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Sounded chaotic and a rather epic game (and writeup!), but doesn't sound like a bug. Just weirdness with all the defensive pacts and whatnot.

So our teammate is in the south, stuck in jungle. Apart from that it looks like an excellent city, so BOTM 201 will be a good one too I suppose.

No Pacifism goodiness then, without any religions. Nor OR. Ah well. No biggie.

2. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Me neither

3. MarleysGh0st

MarleysGh0st Prince

Indeed. I'll try the Contender save, for my official attempt, but then I'll probably play the other two saves for fun. Between BOTM 200 and 201, we'll have the chance to experience playing six out the ten civilizations in this game!

4. Conquistador 63

Conquistador 63 Deity

You might get to play 6 different leaders, but only 3 different civilizations. ;)

5. MarleysGh0st

MarleysGh0st Prince

Well, okay.

I actually hadn't noticed the extra images that had been added to the OP. That actually adds some important data for our strategic decisions. IW is going to be mighty important, in order for our teammate Poiseidon to start exploiting those gems and pigs!

6. Folket

Folket Deity

The ice start now looks even worse.

7. Fine_Distinction

Fine_Distinction Prince

come on, Genghis start was not bad, there was even horse - but that True Mongol scout appearing turn 4 and frigates couple turn later were ..

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  8. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi King

Thanks for updating the pics, Noble Zarkon.
    It's good to know who we are teamed with, leader traits + surroundings, it will influence the tech path.
    I wonder if everyone plays in a team, also AI + AI? If not, we should have a huge tech lead very soon.
    If I oracle CoL or bulb Philo, there will be no religion neither another reward?

9. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

As was noted in the discussion research costs are doubled for teams.

Correct, religious techs have even less value in this scenario.

10. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

Right, and there might be some monkey business with GPP, I'm not sure if great people are double points tho.

11. WastinTime

Challenge accepted! I'll try to achieve religious victory since it sounds 'impossible'. I understand that it will likely require paratroopers. If there is no access to the underworld, even with Astronomy, then religions won't spread.
    And even if you can get there with Astro, a holy city needs to be connected to the coast.
    And I'm aware that the AP is pre-built. Obviously in the underworld. So I will have to extract the AP religion from there.

Conquest VC also seems extremely difficult, so that's my backup plan.

12. WastinTime

Putting Industrious on Cronos and not the Altas start is just mean :spank:

13. Fine_Distinction

Fine_Distinction Prince

I kinda like the ice start ... for the purity of it. Not that many agonizing decisions early on, pretty clear what tiles to work and what to do - run!

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  14. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

15. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

I’m guessing the underworld is minor civs. Who knows how that works with AP.

16. Noble Zarkon

I wonder the same but you won't find out from this game, I know I said I wouldn't reveal anything else but it will be obvious when you open the game so might as well.

17. ZPV

ZPV Short for ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF

It starts as 100GPP as per normal, but it adds 50 for every GP your teammate pops, as well as the usual +100 for each GP you pop.

Pangaea and Fine_Distinction like this.
  18. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Thanks, that is good to know. Time sure flies. Not started on either this or 199, but wanted to play them both. Good thing we have slightly more time for this one.

Do anybody know how it works with resources in a team setting like this? For example, once both the gems are hooked up for Poseidon, do we have access to them as well?

19. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Looking at one of the screenshots again, that archer is not kidding around.
    Spoiler :
    Says "Level 1" too, so I guess at 2XP he can get another one? Hope we don't have to use him a lot, but then I'm not sure how brutal these super-charged barbs will be (or if they have extra techs).

botm200archer.jpg

20. Noble Zarkon

Well spotted!