[BTS] News: BOTM 209 Results and Congratulations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Apr 24, 2021.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

War dominated the medals in this game - which doesn't surprise me given the difficulty level and who your nearest neighbour was. Conditions didn't favour a peaceful victory. In the end it was @krikav who won domination fastest - in 1695 AD - taking the gold medal in the process. @Powerfaker took silver and the cow with a later (1785 AD) domination, while @Jovan Kukic managed fastest conquest and bronze in 1760AD. Several people, despite the conditions, managed religious victories - with @neilmeister far quicker than anyone else - 1020AD. This was also the earliest date for any victory of any kind (sadly, we don't give an award for that).

At the other end of the scale, @MarleysGh0st battled through to 1955 AD to secure the only diplo victory. Lots of retired games which I'm sure had something to do with the difficulty level - but kudos to all those people for submitting their games.

Well done everyone! Not an easy game!

Summary of Medal Winners:

krikav: 1695 AD Domination Victory, 223,731 points.

Powerfaker: 1785 AD Domination Victory, 206,772 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1760 AD Conquest Victory, 184,883 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

neilmeister: 1020 AD Religious Victory, 82,948 points.

zhary: 1909 AD Spaceship Victory, 50,778 points.

MarleysGh0st: 1955 AD Diplomatic Victory, 34,087 points.

Other Award Winners:

smiregal: 1814 AD Domination Victory, 165,709 points.

>> See the full results here.
    >> See the updated global rankings here.
    >> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
    >> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
    >> Award symbols are listed here.

2. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Here's where everyone settled.

I think next time I need to make more effort to ensure your than one spot looks at least a little bit attractive :lol:

The Small Print:
    The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

krikav likes this.
  3. Powerfaker

Powerfaker Warlord

This was definitely a game you could easily ''miss the boat'' , taking things too lightly. Tougher than the general Immortal game.

Glad that a big mistake I made was so late in the game, I was already too strong to loose, and ha, I even got a medal.:)
    Congrats to @krikav for the gold.

krikav likes this.
  4. MirrorGuard

MirrorGuard Prince

I completed my game 2 hours before the deadline.:lol:
    GK Napoleon and Isabella attacked me one after another. Qin was bribed into a war against me. No war between AIs. I fought like what Russians often did in real history: defend first then retaliate.

5. neilmeister

neilmeister Lentils have feelings too GOTM Staff

Yay, fastest victory :)

It was a fun game, I was lucky in my game that GK & Liz were too busy fighting among themselves to bother about me. Winning Domination or Conquest on this map wouldnt have been easy.

6. MarleysGh0st

MarleysGh0st Prince

Why were you in such a rush? I had...let's see...21 more hours of play than you did! :mischief:

Thanks for the game, DynamicSpirit!