[BTS] News: BOTM 217 Results and Commiserations ;)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Sep 15, 2021.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Amazingly, this deity game produced 3 contender-winners! So, congratulations @Powerfaker (1600 AD domination, gold, cow), @krikav (1765 AD cultural, silver), and @Conquistador 63 (1010 AD religious, bronze). Minor congratulations to @kcd_swede who won a space win using the subtle trick of playing adventurer, which was on monarch level with AI-deity units.

To everyone else who submitted (actually, the majority of submissions) commiserations and well done for attempting to play such a tough game!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Powerfaker: 1600 AD Domination Victory, 281,164 points.

Krikav: 1765 AD Cultural Victory, 173,763 points.

Conquistador 63: 1010 AD Religious Victory, 82,867 points.

Other Award Winners:

kcd_swede: 1928 AD Spaceship Victory, 41,370 points.

crofter: 980 AD Conquest Loss, 986 points.

donsig: 350 AD Conquest Loss, 286 points.

>> See the full results here.
    >> See the updated global rankings here.
    >> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
    >> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
    >> Award symbols are listed here.

Conquistador 63 and krikav like this.
  2. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
    The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

3. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

This was a really nice game!

I checked out the graphic replay of @Powerfaker and my game, and it was really fun to see at around the T150 point when both games had a very sudden implosion of Hannibals empire. :)
    Nice jobb topplig Gilgamesh after that Powerfaker, I saw him as way to strong in my game, settling for more backwards Toku instead, and sometime after that I lost all momentum and tried to pivot to a nice culture instead.

Don't think I have ever gotten a culture win with this high score. :D

4. Powerfaker

Powerfaker Warlord

The start was tough and challenging indeed.
    Once the top guys Hannibal and Gilgamesh were downsized, the game was won. Very easily actually. Brennus and Nappi kept strangling each other. Hammi had been defeated by Gilga and Toku before. And Toku, well he faced 150 cavalry being the last one standing.
    Hannibal was the most tricky one. Reinforcements barely kept up with losses. After most Cathagian cities were taken both army and production power simply kept swelling and swelling.......

Culture/reli/space must have been challenging for a longer time, like almost till the end I think?

5. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Not for me, it was a very relaxing game. Iirc I had Gilga at friendly and I think relations with Nappy was good as well.
    And Hammy/Brennus was their vassals.

So it was pretty much a choice to play it chill, or to upset the applecart and risk dire consequences.