[BTS] News: BOTM 224 - Ethiopia, Prince - Starts 1 Nov

Think that change was the main feature about Buffy .005.

Interesting. I have to admit, I either hadn't realised (or possibly at some point had been told and then forgot) that BUFFY does detect espionage-culture victories. I'll try to mentally file that info away in case it's useful :)

Yup. It was part of the final BUFFY upgrade, among some other bits. I'd say the main feature though was bringing BUG/BULL to the latest stable version.

In general, it's a valid win condition: If you win a time victory, then your game counts and is scored as a win. We don't however give an award for the fastest time victory - for reasons that are hopefully obvious :lol:

Then the award should be for highest scoring time victory. Gotta have some incentive for dragging things out. Besides the cow, which might be achieved a little faster. :lol:

In general, it's a valid win condition: If you win a time victory, then your game counts and is scored as a win. We don't however give an award for the fastest time victory - for reasons that are hopefully obvious :lol:
Wouldn’t fastest time victory be the one with the shortest clock time???:mischief:

I feel your pain… I think I’m the slowest player in Civ history.
I seriously doubt that. I had thought I could claim that questionable honor.

@Noble Zarkon has about 2000 games like that for the HoF :D
Not quite lol, I do hate seeing those empty slots though!!

I'd say the main feature though was bringing BUG/BULL to the latest stable version.
Knew you would say that, BUG/BULL and Espionage were the 2 main drivers from my perspective.

I have to admit, I either hadn't realised (or possibly at some point had been told and then forgot) that BUFFY does detect espionage-culture victories.
You did know (and forget!) as we discussed it in the Staff forum, we can't detect Espionage in Mac saves though which is why we haven't made the change for GOTM.

Question: What are the requirements to make the spread culture mission for spies possible?

I wanted to do some testing, using saved files of the recent Brennus and Louis games, to check costs / succeed chances etc.
But it appears the spy doesn't have the mission option available even if I try in gifted Celtic/French founded core cities, while ± all other missions are available, and I don't know what I am missing (or is this a bug?)

You need to have one of your cities' culture pressure on the target city tile.
Plus if I recall correctly you have to have a minimum of 20 of your own culture in there to begin with.

So the general strategy is to put lots of culture into your own cities and then gift them to some AI and then conduct the spy missions until you have 50,000 in those cities, and then re-capture and win the game.

@WastinTime @LowtherCastle
Thanks for both reactions. Culture pressure on the city tile was the thing I missed, nasty limiting factor of your options.
Minimum of 20 makes sense. it's also required to actually realise culture growth. +5% on less than 20 is rounded down zero points added. Naturally, for reaching legendary you put ±2 artist bombs in the city first for a solid growth rate to start with.

Another small thing I didn't know is that you cannot do spy missions on your own vassals. Just mentioning for what it's worth, not that I can think of a reason why you would want that,

Edit: How do you see you've reached legendary? the culture bar shows the AI culture. Do you calculate and count the successful missions?

Top Bottom