[BTS] News: BOTM 226 - Suleiman, Monarch - Starts 1 Dec!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Qactus

Qactus Romani ite domum

I also expect all land tiles to be covered in snow. Will be interesting to see if the rest of the land is equipped with floodplains as generously as the starting area. If not, coastal tiles and colossus may become interesting to get commerce going.
    What definitely looks like a nice synergy already is early Maths, since production will rely a lot on chopping and because Hanging Gardens can alleviate health issues and will receive a boost both from stone as well as from the Hammam instead of a regular aqueduct as prerequisite.

LowtherCastle likes this.
  2. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Yes, my thinking is DS looked for a minimal-effort solution so he rolled whatever map (90S to 90N) with Sulemon in a floodplain area and then simply put ice everywhere using the 5x5 tool in WB. Hence, no added flood plains. Time to go open the save and find out!

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Not necessarily. A previous map that started out like this, with snowy floodplains, had more normal land elsewhere, where the AIs were located. It's possible this map is made likewise. We'll see I guess :) :xmascheers:

4. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Spoiler threads are up

Fine_Distinction likes this.