[BTS] News: BOTM 228 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
First up, it's congratulations to @WastinTime for a 4th (Yes - 4th) eptathlete award! This was achieve by an amazingly early (even for Noble difficulty) 1640AD space win - and playing on the challenger save too! (Maybe the extra help the AI had on challenger indirectly helped with tech trading?)

Other notable results were @Jovan Kukic's 1180 AD conquest and @Termitnik's 1370 AD domination - played on challenger and also getting the gold medal.

Relatively few 'peaceful' victory conditions, but @Conquistador_63 achieved the highest base score with a 1745 AD space win.

In terms of highest final scores, there were a lot of unsually high ones and so some tough competition for the medals: @Termitnik's gold was for a final score of over 284K, but the competition was tough, with @Tonny getting over 200K and @Smiregal on just under 200K with a challenger entry.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Termitnik: 1370 AD Domination Victory, 284,422 points.

Tonny: 1360 AD Conquest Victory, 206,385 points.

smiregal: 1430 AD Domination Victory, 197,317 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1180 AD Conquest Victory, 173,598 points.

WastinTime: 1640 AD Spaceship Victory, 129,945 points.

Conquistador 63: 1745 AD Spaceship Victory, 126,878 points.

Other Award Winners:

NickTrofimuk: 1665 AD Conquest Victory, 109,283 points.

pious_pete: 1964 AD Domination Victory, 24,017 points.

greatbeyond: 1996 AD Spaceship Victory, 15,763 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. Most opted to settle in-place, perhaps not surprisingly given it was on a plains-hill with lots of both landfood and seafood. A few people headed inland, which I assume was to get more land tiles. A large group of you moved NW - an interesting choice to my mind, since it would delay the starting worker (if you went worker-first) by 4 turns, without giving you much different land. But judging from the results, that didn't seem to do people much harm.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Well, I'm in the middle of the pack, again, but at least I can say I've played a Challenger Save!

Thanks for the game!

Here's where everyone settled. Most opted to settle in-place, perhaps not surprisingly given it was on a plains-hill with lots of both landfood and seafood. A few people headed inland, which I assume was to get more land tiles. A large group of you moved NW - an interesting choice to my mind, since it would delay the starting worker (if you went worker-first) by 4 turns, without giving you much different land. But judging from the results, that didn't seem to do people much harm.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.
Looks like I was unsettled for the whole game. Describes accurately my state of mind, at least.:crazyeye:

Looks like I was unsettled for the whole game. Describes accurately my state of mind, at least.:crazyeye:

Ooooh yes. That's curious. For some reason the city-settled map isn't showing you. I hadn't noticed that. I'll have to do some debugging to figure out why. Looks like it's only you because there are 18 entries and 17 people on the map.

I noticed my location missing from one of these most recent submissions but I had just assumed that I had forgotten to submit. In any case it was incomplete.

I noticed my location missing from one of these most recent submissions but I had just assumed that I had forgotten to submit. In any case it was incomplete.

Do you know which game it was? The map shows all submitted/accepted entries - including incomplete games, so if you submitted, your entry should be on the map. If you can find out any more details, I can add it to our list for investigation.

Do you know which game it was? The map shows all submitted/accepted entries - including incomplete games, so if you submitted, your entry should be on the map. If you can find out any more details, I can add it to our list for investigation.
B229 but like I said, I’m not certain that I submitted. Recently I’ve been making a habit of submitting the most recent game when I download the next one. It’s entirely possible I simply forgot.

B229 but like I said, I’m not certain that I submitted. Recently I’ve been making a habit of submitting the most recent game when I download the next one. It’s entirely possible I simply forgot.

Haha, yes you're right - I just checked, and you didn't submit for BOTM 229, which would explain why your entry wasn't on the map! :lol:

Understandable that the 'Ukraine scenario' isn't ready yet.

Haha! Very apt. Actually I have to admit, it wasn't just work. Living in the UK, the Ukraine feels very close - I even know someone from there. So when the invasion happened and all those pictures of Russian forces invading took over the tv screens last week, just about the last thing I wanted to do was create a game for playing wars! But life must go on and I feel mentally adjusted now. So the next game is up and announced. It's a bit of hashed-together-quickly one this time because of my work pressures, but hopefully enough to provide some new fun scenarios....

Haha! Very apt. Actually I have to admit, it wasn't just work. Living in the UK, the Ukraine feels very close - I even know someone from there. So when the invasion happened and all those pictures of Russian forces invading took over the tv screens last week, just about the last thing I wanted to do was create a game for playing wars! But life must go on and I feel mentally adjusted now. So the next game is up and announced. It's a bit of hashed-together-quickly one this time because of my work pressures, but hopefully enough to provide some new fun scenarios....
In the spirit of your peaceful sentiments, I vow to channel my inner Volodymyr and beat back the warmongering Satan.

Top Bottom