[BTS] News: BOTM 229 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
This deity game took few prisoners, but two people overcame the odds win the contender save. So it's congratulations to @MirrorGuard (gold, cow, fastest diplo) and @Jovan Kukic (silver, fastest culture)! A fantastic achievement.

@MarleysGh0st was the only other winning entry - actually beating @Jovan Kukic in final score. But @MarleysGh0st played the adventurer/emperor save, and so wasn't eligible for any medals or awards. Adventurer saves are eligible for the lowest-scoring shields, so MarleysGh0st was able to snap up lowest scoring diplo, thereby saving @MirrorGuard from the paradox of simultaneously winning the cow and a lowest-scoring award!

There were some brave people playing through to losses - with @WastinTime lasting through to 1830AD to collect the coveted green ambulance - as well as some retired games.

Congratulations on the results everyone, and on being brave enough to try deity, those who did so.

Summary of Medal Winners:

MirrorGuard: 1802 AD Diplomatic Victory, 159,434 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1660 AD Cultural Victory, 53,469 points.

Other Award Winners:

MarleysGh0st: 1912 AD Diplomatic Victory, 66,866 points.

WastinTime: 1830 AD Spaceship Loss, 5,748 points.

kcd_swede: 1300 AD Conquest Loss, 1,236 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. Definitely quite a variety of choices! Interesting that the two deity winners both opted to forego the gold in favour of the coastal high-food plains-hill tile (maybe some luck came into that since it meant they got copper in the BFC).

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Last edited:
I see nobody dared to settle in the "Staff only" section :p

Oooops haha! Well spotted (not that it was hard to spot). I mistakenly posted a link to a version of the city-settled map that we use for internal auditing. Fixed now.

Do you think the staff are hiding or living in the jungle?

We have aspirations to move to grassland-gold-coast...

@MarleysGh0st was the only other winning entry - actually beating @Jovan Kukic in final score. But @MarleysGh0st played the adventurer/emperor save, and so wasn't eligible for any medals or awards. Adventurer saves are eligible for the lowest-scoring shields, so MarleysGh0st was able to snap up lowest scoring diplo, thereby saving @MirrorGuard from the paradox of simultaneously winning the cow and a lowest-scoring award!

Sometimes it pays to recognize your limitations! :D

Despite my rare, high position on the leaderboard, thanks to MirrorGuard's spectacular result, I still failed to reach my personal measure of a "good" game, which is to finish with at least 50% of the leader's score.

Wow... I finally made the awards board! :cry:

Top Bottom