[BTS] News: BOTM 231 - Sitting Bull, Emperor - Starts Feb 15

@Nanoq
Will try a different computer next. ( have been through trouble shooting threads). GOG version (need steam?)

You need a registry fix for GOG. Pinging @Noble Zarkon

You also need to perform steps 1 and 2 here, if you've not already

I guess I must take the challenger save and not play it because I wouldn't survive anyway.
I've discovered the secret of popularity. It's like in B5. Maybe it's time for me to blacken the stars?
Londo Mollari: He [a Narn] seems very glad to see you.
G'Kar: Yes, but we weren't gone that long. Less than a month.
Londo Mollari: Well, there you have the key to your popularity: your absence. Go away for a month and they bow. Go away for six months and they'll tear the place apart when you come back. Perhaps you should go away and never come back again. Then your popularity will be so overwhelming it would blacken the stars.
G'Kar: Mollari–
Londo Mollari: I have always said this about you: nothing so improves your company like the lack of it. ... Perhaps you can make some money from this: ten credits for you not to be there for an hour, a hundred credits for you not to be there for the day. And for you not to be there for the rest of your life, well, they could never afford it.

Been playing different games lately, hence the lack of posts (if anybody noticed), but about this map... when does the Great Wall tend to go on Emperor? Seems like an important priority in a scenario like this. Ofc, the mapmaker could have been :devil: and put an IND civ on top of PH stone or something, but probably (?) not :dunno:

@Nanoq

You need a registry fix for GOG. Pinging @Noble Zarkon

You also need to perform steps 1 and 2 here, if you've not already

####

Installed steam version now but it doesn t like the 3.19 patch. Quick searches on the issue did nt give much regarding fixing that problem.3

#########

BTW older Gotm maps ? Are they hidden deliberately or in a folder somewhere ? (I used to play pangea, modify it for balanced resources..+delete uranium :), no tech trading, no vasals, no espionage, no space, no culture victory - need to get used to for me unusual gotm settings).
Regards.

####

Installed steam version now but it doesn t like the 3.19 patch. Quick searches on the issue did nt give much regarding fixing that problem.3

#########

BTW older Gotm maps ? Are they hidden deliberately or in a folder somewhere ? (I used to play pangea, modify it for balanced resources..+delete uranium :), no tech trading, no vasals, no espionage, no space, no culture victory - need to get used to for me unusual gotm settings).
Regards.
Steam version is fully patched (GOG version should be as well) There’s other issues though which I won’t go into at the moment- on phone.

Honestly, I’d stick with gog version and wait for fix.

Regards.

No, not deliberately hidden. There's a map gallery link on the GOTM home page (top right, near the link to submit a game) which shows all the old maps. Click on any map to get to the appropriate game announcement page, from where you can download the starting save. If the file was made with an older patch version than the current one, then Civ won't open it. In that case you can just download and play from the WorldBuilder file (available via the results page for each game). You can also do it that way if you don't want to see the map outline of the game before you play it.

What are people thinking for starting build/tech order. I don't usually do (ie usually I usually die :) ) to raging barbs.

I'd like to take advantage of the early fishing with a fast workboat, and go for the great wall to avoid the barbs. Likely settling 1 S, unless something in the NE corner makes 1SE useful.

What do people think of researching mining-> masonry->BW, and building workboat->worker->great wall? I'd like a worker to mine the hill, though I don't know how long that would last. Was thinking workboat first (for both growth, commerce, and 'hammers' in building worker), unless others suggest worker first? Is that too risky to only have one warrior (on hill, in city) defending?

I may have a problem. I play the German version. Under settings(?) <F8> Options, among other things, "_kein technologieaustausch" is listed, the German translation for "no technology trade". Nevertheless, I can trade technologies: for other technologies, for money or even give them away. I've already done this in this game before realizing that this shouldn't actually be possible. It looks like I can no longer submit my game. That would be a real shame, because I really enjoy it. Or have I misunderstood the meaning of "no tech brokering"?
Spoiler Options :

options.JPG

I may have a problem. I play the German version. Under settings(?) <F8> Options, among other things, "_kein technologieaustausch" is listed, the German translation for "no technology trade". Nevertheless, I can trade technologies: for other technologies, for money or even give them away. I've already done this in this game before realizing that this shouldn't actually be possible. It looks like I can no longer submit my game. That would be a real shame, because I really enjoy it. Or have I misunderstood the meaning of "no tech brokering"?

'No tech brokering' isn't the same as 'no tech trading'. No tech brokering means you can only trade techs that you've researched yourself - you can't trade techs that you've acquired through trading. The practical effect is that it means that you can trade techs to an AI of your choice without worrying about whether they will be able to pass on those techs to other AIs.

So yes, it's fine to submit. You haven't done anything wrong. (It's pretty much impossible to do anything wrong, as long as you're not reloading old saves and replaying stuff).

Despite being not english speaker I used to play untranslated games since my childhood because in mid 90s translations were not only poor and inaccurate but sometimes introduced bugs to gameplay. Ridiculous that after 30 years it is still the rule of thumb. Learn english guys, don't let you be cheated by unscrupulous translator :)

Top Bottom