News: BOTM 238 Results and Congratulations

MarleysGh0st

King
GOTM Staff
Well, the first game I've hosted has completed and it wasn't a train wreck! The favored path to glory was Conquest, chosen by five of our top six players, with @Lich_Lord choosing instead to milk the Spaceship for a Cow. Actually, there are medals, awards or ambulances for almost everyone! My apologies that I have nothing but my personal congratulations to give to @ZPV, who had the second fastest, but only fourth highest scoring Conquest. And a hearty "thanks for trying" to @Xcalibrator, who gave the Challenger save a go, but ran out of time IRL.

If I have any particular goal for the games I host in the future, it will be to make the Contender save challenging enough that players won't feel the need to go with Challenger difficulty. :evil:

Summary of Medal Winners:

smiregal: 1525 AD Conquest Victory, 273,275 points.

Powerfaker: 1430 AD Conquest Victory, 255,573 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1560 AD Conquest Victory, 254,229 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Lich_Lord: 1775 AD Spaceship Victory, 241,044 points.

krikav: 1868 AD Diplomatic Victory, 136,280 points.

Conquistador 63: 1765 AD Spaceship Victory, 135,622 points.

sevnhuts: 1934 AD Domination Victory, 53,381 points.

High King J.J.: 1928 AD Cultural Victory, 42,524 points.

Other Award Winners:

NickTrofimuk: 1575 AD Conquest Victory, 192,595 points.

greatbeyond: 1970 AD Cultural Loss, 5,261 points.

donsig: 1994 AD Cultural Loss, 3,573 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. Gosh, nobody wanted to go exploring for someplace better? :lol:

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

I really wanted to play this democracy/cottage game...and support the new mapmaker, but July was too busy.
I played for a while, but didn't even make the switch to Emancipation :(
Thanks for the creative setup.

And a hearty "thanks for trying" to @Xcalibrator, who gave the Challenger save a go
I appreciate the pity plaudits but it's Lich_Lord and krikav who deserve praise with their Deity wins. :clap: I'd like to hear more about krikav's 17-catapult opening strike against Mao.

Top Bottom