[BTS] News: BOTM 239 - The Three Musketeers, Immortal - Starts July 14, 2022

This looks like alot of fun! I guess the boat with offmoading can reach the cities on the minimap in 3-4 turns? Hopefullt the capturing of land goes swift! :)

Spoiler Upsie :

Made a big upsie.. I guess I did not understand the game description. I though that SB was the target.

Last edited:
Oh.

Another needless panic attack.

It kinda makes sense to panic in one way: Even though you will still be able to download the game while the forum is down (it's a different URL), I imagine there'll be some people who always go via the link from the game announcement in the forums, who'll see the forum is down, and assume they can't download the game either without checking.

But to be clear for everyone: When the forum is down tomorrow, you should still be able to access the games, at https://gotm.civfanatics.net.

Hi, I haven't played for a while, but this custom game may tempt me to get out of semi-retirement.

Do I understand correctly that to we have to conquer a city asap using the Musketeers?

Will it not be very luck dependent - who will take a right turn or find AI less prepared? or do we supposed to use Terra map knowledge (?) to deduce the right plan of action? is it even possible to know which way to sail to the old world and which way is new?

Do I understand correctly that to we have to conquer a city asap using the Musketeers?

Will it not be very luck dependent - who will take a right turn or find AI less prepared? or do we supposed to use Terra map knowledge (?) to deduce the right plan of action? is it even possible to know which way to sail to the old world and which way is new?
I'm not going to tell you the best tactics to use (I'd probably be wrong anyway!) but in the description and in the mini-map I've tried to give you enough guidance such that good choices will be rewarded.

I'm not going to tell you the best tactics to use (I'd probably be wrong anyway!) but in the description and in the mini-map I've tried to give you enough guidance such that good choices will be rewarded.

Hmm, map seems empty - but I really like your Super-Mongol game, will sleep and read on games without settlers, maybe I will come up with some ideas other than wandering aimlessly through the world ....

Anyone who's already started the game can't comment in this thread any more. Since I've been busy preparing other things, I'm free to do so.

Conquering a city would be wise, if you ever want to win the game.

Look closely at the starting map, particularly at the mini-map in the lower right corner. There's a city dot that is presumably Paris, in the old world. From that, we can see that the Musketeers appear to have explored the Pacific coast of the new world, and are currently somewhere up near Alaska. Our mapmaker has hinted that the civilization in the new world (maybe Sitting Bull, maybe someone else) would be tough/impossible for them to conquer on their own. That leaves your choice of cities in the old world to target. The closest of those would likely be found by sailing west to Asia, but you're free to make your own choices.

Earlier in this thread, Noble Zarkon posted a link to BOTM 59, which also started without a settler. Those spoiler threads are definitely worth reading.

Anyone who's already started the game can't comment in this thread any more. Since I've been busy preparing other things, I'm free to do so.

Conquering a city would be wise, if you ever want to win the game.

Look closely at the starting map, particularly at the mini-map in the lower right corner. There's a city dot that is presumably Paris, in the old world. From that, we can see that the Musketeers appear to have explored the Pacific coast of the new world, and are currently somewhere up near Alaska. Our mapmaker has hinted that the civilization in the new world (maybe Sitting Bull, maybe someone else) would be tough/impossible for them to conquer on their own. That leaves your choice of cities in the old world to target. The closest of those would likely be found by sailing west to Asia, but you're free to make your own choices.

Earlier in this thread, Noble Zarkon posted a link to BOTM 59, which also started without a settler. Those spoiler threads are definitely worth reading.

Thank you very much @MarleysGh0st I completely missed the minimap, I thought it was how ppl were referring to the thumbnail of the whole map.

it's well worth reading the game announcement carefully :)
Based on the comments and hints about the game I would agree. Because the spoiler threads aren't up I can't say anything else. Too bad, I would have liked to play this one.

@AlanH and other Mac players - I'he had MacBuffy .03 installed for a while and have been successfully playing BOTM. I haven't played for a couple months and cannot load MacBuffy mod now. I tried many times, it not only gets me out of the game, I have to log again to my comp. I do not remember changing anything and the same version .03 is still required - what could has happened? while it suddenly not working? Last time I played was BOTM 224 Oct'21. Please help looks like a fun game and generally vacations is good time to play civ :)
No you can't - it's well worth reading the game announcement carefully :)

The reason I asked is I was considering playing an easier version - since AI with standard Immortal units can be difficult to take on even with 3 Musketeers. But so far MacBuffy is not working anyway for me so more time to decide

There was also a previous GOTM where we started with 4 Keshiks and no Settler, you might find that discussion interesting although kcd misunderstood the rule and thought you needed "complete kills" to avoid the t10 defeat.

Based on the comments and hints about the game I would agree. Because the spoiler threads aren't up I can't say anything else. Too bad, I would have liked to play this one.

I put them up this morning!
It's not clear to me if HKJJ was referring to old or new spoilers, but here are the links to the BOTM59 spoilers:
Final results https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/news-botm-59-results-and-congratulations.481385/
Final spoiler https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/botm-59-final-spoiler-game-submitted-or-abandoned.478165/
First spoiler https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/botm-59-first-spoiler-to-500bc-note-date.478164/

I was referring to the new spoilers which I hadn't noticed because they still don't show on the GOTM Home Page

Top Bottom