News: BOTM 243 Results and Congratulations

MarleysGh0st

King
GOTM Staff
This was a game where all of the civilizations started at war with each other. My initial plan was to make these permanent wars, but I decided it was only fair to give you all the option to pursue a peaceful victory. Well, there are a bunch of awards I'm unable to hand out in this game, because it turns out that nobody took that peaceful option! :ar15:

Back in BOTM 240, hhhawk earned both a Silver Medal and the Cow award, and I commented on how rare a Silver Cow must be. Termitnik must have seen that as a challenge, turning in a Domination victory in this game that earned a Gold Medal and the Highest Base Score award: a Golden Cow! Powerfaker's Domination earned the Bronze Medal and the Fastest Domination award. Between them, Kaitzilla earned the Silver Medal for a Conquest victory. But this wasn't the Fastest Conquest.

So who did get that award? Look way, waaaay down in the Results list, where frederiksberg earned both the Fastest Conquest and the Lowest Scoring Conquest awards with a victory in 75 AD! Yes, frederiksberg's impi tore through the enemy so quickly that there was no time for accumulating land or population or scientific research, those trivial things that the computer weighs so heavily in the final score. :bowdown:

zbgayumn gets Lowest Scoring Domination. donsig, as the only player to post a loss, gets a matching pair of ambulances.

No awards for the rest of you, but still very respectable scores, all around. Thanks for playing my game.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Termitnik: 1565 AD Domination Victory, 402,220 points.

Kaitzilla: 1240 AD Conquest Victory, 324,713 points.

Powerfaker: 1050 AD Domination Victory, 275,721 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

frederiksberg: 75 AD Conquest Victory, 108,049 points.

Other Award Winners:

zbgayumn: 1955 AD Domination Victory, 40,105 points.

donsig: 960 AD Conquest Loss, 386 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Last edited:
Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Thanks for the game! It certainly opened my eyes to the usefulness of the Impi for pillaging and suppressing the development of the AI opponents. Congrats to everyone and thanks to @Kaitzilla for proving my suspicion that the challenger save was winnable after all :goodjob: .

Edit: Though the Impi were great, horse archers did the bulk of the work. Impis are slightly underwhelming city attackers, but can do the job of protecting the stack and cleaning up wounded defenders.

Last edited:
I normally prefer to go for a Space Race, because it lets you play with many of the games features. But with this map, I approached the game like an "Always War" game and I think it helped me focus on conquest and I didn't do any of my usual meandering :lol:.

Another shield for my collection! I guess this was the time to go for Diplo. Difficult because of the early war with everyone, but apparently you had all the time you could want.

Top Bottom