News: BOTM 245 - Isabella, Immortal - Starts December 3, 2022

Yeah, it is very unusual for servers to be down so often and for so long. I did not submit several unfinished games because of that. Is it OK to send save to a game host in situation like that? when the server is down, normally the next time I check is several days later which is sometimes past deadline already.

Yes, as a game host, I can submit a game after the deadline has closed and before I publish the official results. I haven't tried this yet, but these server problems are the sort of thing this emergency procedure is for. And, in general, if you have any technical problems with a GOTM, you can always send a PM about the issue to the game host.

The servers were down for about a week, this time, and midway through that I posted the starting saves for those who still needed them. Because of that problem, does anyone think we need to extend the deadline for this game?

And having just posted this, I went to check the GOTM Staff page and the GOTM Server appears to be down again! Looks like the Grinch has been busy, this Christmas season. :sad:

Last edited:
Yes, as a game host, I can submit a game after the deadline has closed and before I publish the official results. I haven't tried this yet, but these server problems are the sort of thing this emergency procedure is for. And, in general, if you have any technical problems with a GOTM, you can always send a PM about the issue to the game host.

The servers were down for about a week, this time, and midway through that I posted the starting saves for those who still needed them. Because of that problem, does anyone think we need to extend the deadline for this game?

And having just posted this, I went to check the GOTM Staff page and the GOTM Server appears to be down again! Looks like the Grinch has been busy, this Christmas season. :sad:

Thanks for confirmation, will do it next time. I love the replay function even on games I didn't complete, which is most recently ;). And yeah, servers are down again ...

Last edited:
Any news on the server?

It was working yesterday but seems down today. :sad:

Sigh. :sad:

Right now, the server appears to be working again, although there have been no messages from the administrators about what might have happened earlier or what they might have done to fix it.

BOTM 245 was scheduled to end today. A few days ago, I asked @AlanH to extend the deadline until January 15. (As a staff member, I can set the deadline for a new game, but I don't have the power to change that, myself, after it's begun.) He hasn't made that change, yet, but we'll go forward as if that new deadline is in effect. As a last resort, if that change can't be made on the server, I'll accept submissions to me by PM, then I'll use the power I do have to submit late entries to a closed, unpublished game. I don't want anyone to miss an opportunity to submit this game because of technical problems.

Welcome to 2023, a.k.a. 2020, Season 4. :cringe:

I’ve extended the finish date for this game to 15 January.

Top Bottom