News: BOTM 247 Results and Congratulations

MarleysGh0st

King
GOTM Staff
When this game had nearly reached its deadline, we had only two submissions. I gave you another month to finish the game and we've ended up with four submissions. So...success? :undecide: We doubled the participation rate!? Or did we just learn that there aren't too many of us ready to put the time into long and futile struggles?

All honors and glory (Gold Medal, Fastest Conquest, and Cow) go to Kaitzilla, who was the only player to score a victory at the Contender/Deity level. Conquistador 63 also posted a conquest victory, but with the Adventurer/Emperor save, so I can only award the Shield for Lowest Scoring Conquest.

donsig was the only player to be conquered, and so receives a matching pair of ambulances.

greatbeyond also chose the Adventurer save and played the game all the way out to 2050 before retiring. (As I had warned, without enabling a Time Victory, the game goes on and on as long as nobody achieves Conquest or Domination.) We have no official rewards for retired games, but you have my personal commendation for persistence, greatbeyond!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Kaitzilla: 1400 AD Conquest Victory, 496,808 points.

Other Award Winners:

Conquistador 63: 1680 AD Conquest Victory, 277,271 points.

donsig: 1918 AD Conquest Loss, 1,872 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Congrats to all those who played, more so to those who submitted, and highest commendations to Kaitzilla--amazing! I took the Deity save and went after Gandhi with modest success, but gave up when all the AI started running away in tech. I haven't had time to touch my 10 (12?) year old Civ computer in several weeks, and am sorry to see I'm also too late to even start the Mansa game. April brings new hope. Thanks, MG, for setting these up!

I played for a while and enjoyed it. Sorry for not submitting my incomplete game. Not having internet at home, submission requires a trip to dunkin donuts, computer in tow. I do it but sometimes too lazy.

One interesting thing I noted between the two games and some tests using the first game in prep for the second, in the gloryland to the west of America the barbs usually settled on the stone but not always. Also they sometimes settled it with 4 warriors instead of archers. In fact in my hyuana game it was warriors which made for easy capture. Also, in one test three barbs archers abandoned it, leaving only one archer. I don’t know if there’s a logic there or not.

One possible explanation is that they were moving towards another barb city for backup.
I forgot to mention that they abandoned it only for one turn, and then returned. In other words, if I had happened to have a galley with a couple units, it was mine for the taking.

Top Bottom