News: BOTM 48 Results and Congratulations

babybluepants

Deity
GOTM Staff
Despite the inherent difficulty, quite a few of you decided to lead Serbia to domination. :goodjob: No conquest victory was submitted, but this isn't entirely surprising. I'm not even sure if it's possible, and Dhoomstriker's no longer playing these games. ;)

evil_spock hauled in and with an impressive 1360 AD victory, narrowly edging out bcool's equally impressive 1390 AD Challenger effort. For that, he gets a bronze. zamint3 took the silver with another domination win. :thumbsup:

-Asterix- posted a very good space date of 1760 AD and beat Conqustador63 for the award. Jovan Kukic handed jesusin a rare loss in fast culture with a very good sub-1600 game. hhhawk gets the religious award with a 1670 game, and da_vinci rounds out the fast finish awards with a 1903 AD diplomatic win. Good job, guys! :)

Summary of Medal Winners:

evil_spock: 1360 AD Domination Victory, 175,043 points.

zamint3: 1515 AD Domination Victory, 162,461 points.

bcool: 1390 AD Domination Victory, 157,439 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

-Asterix-: 1760 AD Spaceship Victory, 156,235 points.

hhhawk: 1670 AD Religious Victory, 145,449 points.

Jovan Kukic: 1595 AD Cultural Victory, 74,968 points.

da_Vinci: 1903 AD Diplomatic Victory, 55,617 points.

Kime11: 1960 AD Spaceship Victory, 45,645 points.

Other Award Winners:

Xcalibrator: 1860 AD Religious Victory, 57,691 points.

deckhand: 1948 AD Domination Victory, 44,313 points.

Matty B: 1959 AD Cultural Victory, 17,477 points.

kcd_swede: 1985 AD Spaceship Victory, 16,865 points.

MarleysGh0st: 1998 AD Diplomatic Victory, 16,266 points.

donsig: 1680 AD Conquest Loss, 748 points.

JayKay: 1550 AD Conquest Loss, 399 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Congrats to the winners.

This was a really fun game, quite different to what I am used to.

OMG... the Unusual Suspects are dominating the shields! Those Wooden Spoons are in our sights for SGOTM15, I can feel it! :lol:

Wow... first the Green Bay Packers end their win-streak with the Kansas City Cheifs, and now Jesusin ends his with Jovan K (by one whole turn!). I can't decide which is more amazing.

BTW, Jovan... no way around it now... we (Jesusin and I, at least) will expect to see a detailed write-up on that winning strategy now. :mischief:

Well that was a nice Christmas present! :cool:

Congrats to all winners, especially for Asterix and Jovan for really good win dates.

OMG... the Unusual Suspects are dominating the shields!

Am I an Unusual Suspect? I have been collecting a bunch of those shields, lately.

Is there an equivalent of the Eptathlon Award, for those of us with lower expectations? :D

BTW, Matty B, 65 hours!? Please tell me you left the game running while you stepped away from the computer. :eek:

Congratulations to the winners. This game wasn't easy and the scenario was very fun. Thank you!

Congrats to the medalists, special kudos to bcool! :cool: :goodjob: Congrats to the legitimate award winners (those other than me :lol:) :goodjob:

Thanks as always to the staff! :goodjob::goodjob:

Then there is my pathetic effort ...

What bbp should have said:

da_Vinci rounds out the *cough* fast finish awards with a 1903 AD diplomatic win. Good job, guys! :)
The capital V out of respect for the real Leondardo (not for me) ... that's why it is dV and not dv or DV ... ;). The cough goes without saying ... 1903 fastest? :eek: Hit 'em where they ain't does it again :mischief:.

Two HEWTA (that's easier than WHEOOHRN :mischief:) diplo awards in 4 months has me a laughable 13th in speed and 14th in combined on the globals, prompting the following headline in the Civ IV Chronicle:

Spoiler :

da_Vinci Makes Mockery of Global Rankings
HEWTA awards and the power of persistent mediocrity put merely adequate player near top of speed and combined charts
There ought to be a law ... :lol:

Am I an Unusual Suspect? I have been collecting a bunch of those shields, lately.

Is there an equivalent of the Eptathlon Award, for those of us with lower expectations? :D
Sort of. I coined the term "Pathetalon" for the idea of garnering all of the low award shield types, and I think either Deckhand or kcd_swede used the term as well (which must mean it's official now, right? :lol:)

dV

Spoiler :

da_Vinci Makes Mockery of Global Rankings
HEWTA awards and the power of persistent mediocrity put merely adequate player near top of speed and combined charts
There ought to be a law ... :lol:

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!! don't expose my strategy.

I coined the term "Pathetalon" for the idea of garnering all of the low award shield types, and I think either Deckhand or kcd_swede used the term as well (which must mean it's official now, right? :lol:)
dV
yup, it's official

kcd_swede is the one that used it and is pursueing it

due to "persistent mediocrity", I am ranked 13th in the world :w00t:
I doubt I am actually in top 500.

I haven't checked our roster lately, but I don't recall your name on it. OTOH, we will be recruiting for the next Succession Game of the Month when the game starts, so you could become one of us if you like. :cool:

Congrats to winners! Tough game. I'm going to finish it sometime. Jans are great, and I started to retake cities thanks to them, so I will continue...

Top Bottom