News: BOTM 56 - Starts 16 July

Oh, will anybody cottage the pig?

The map is fractal, so it's unclear which one will be faster, religious or conquest or domination? Take a chance.

I would never ever put a cottage on a 6F tile ;)

Agreed. Though I do occasionally mine GH pigs & sheep, cottages are by definition a long term project.

It might be just kidding for Zara on this map. If the copper is not found, AH is almost the next target.

However, there are some cases when I find copper and the early war with axe is very profitable(for example, a close neighbor building wonders,which is possible for a map of 8 AI). In that case, AH tech is still a huge investment that I cannot afford. It might be better to go pottery->writing->alphabet(math)->currency directly if there are very few AH resources. Why not cottaging pig in those cases? It's better than grass land.

Therefore I would never ever reject any crazy idea. It may not be viable in most cases, but they have their value.

I have not defeated AI above Monarch but I'm joining.

I played some GOTMs a while ago (feels like years) and now I try to make the time and get back into the game. First goal is to finish. :)

Now, I had "Create Savegame on exit" activated. After my first session, I saved the game and left the game. Then I realised that I have two savegames now. The manual save and the savon on exit. Which one should I use? Does it matter? Should I disable save on exit? Any help will be appreciated.

Provided you didn't make any moves after either save, it probably doesn't matter. But to be safe, I'd pick the one that has the latest timestamp.

As a matter of course, whenever I load a GOTM mid-game, I normally (a) double check that the file I intend to load really is the one with the latest timestamp, and (b) quickly look around the map immediately after loading and before making any moves to satisfy myself it really is what I thought I saved at the end of my previous session.

When will the results come up?

Top Bottom