News: BOTM 91 Results and Congratulations

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
BtS BOTM 91 Results:

Congratulations to Jovan Kukic: for his twelfth Gold Medal.

In addition to the Silver Medal, Lymond won the Guess the Civs contest. :think:
Spoiler :
My scoring tally:
lymond: 14.5
High King J.J.: 12
Xcalibrator: 12
Congratulations to nocho who not only won the Bronze Medal, but since Denethor was disqualified from eligibility (j/k) for fastest Religious Victory - nocho has become the second player to complete two BOTM Epathaletes

A big Welcome to Jonquilas: :band: this is his very first xOTM submission. He had the only Diplomatic victory and with heavy heart I have removed his fastest Diplo award because he didn't satisfy the imperative to kill Sauron.
Spoiler :
We do special conditions like this all the time for the SGOTM. We often have special challenges in other XOTM games, but AFAIK this is the first time we've made it a condition for a medal or fastest award.
Here again were the special requirements.
Map Maker's Imperative: Sauron must be destroyed. Otherwise your game will not be eligible for medals or fastest finish awards.

Map Maker's Challenge: None of the Free People leaders should be eliminated. It's OK to eliminate Saruman and imperative to eliminate Sauron, but the rest of the civilizations must still exist when you win.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1150 AD Conquest Victory, 354,096 points. :nuke: :love:

lymond: 1525 AD Domination Victory, 287,136 points. :nuke: :love: :think:

nocho: 1270 AD Religious Victory, 174,072 points. :nuke: :love:

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

shulec: 1858 AD Domination Victory, 150,870 points. :nuke: :love:

Jonquilas: 1911 AD Diplomatic Victory, 51,376 points.

Other Award Winners:

kcd_swede: 1370 AD Religious Victory, 51,798 points.

UB40: 1938 AD Domination Victory, 47,517 points. :nuke:

Monnet: 1972 AD Spaceship Victory, 13,393 points.

MarleysGh0st: 1230 AD Religious Loss, 1,680 points.

jnozzi: 1615 AD Conquest Loss, 801 points.

Xcalibrator was only player to take Challenger save. :nuke: :love:

My regrets:
1. Game was too hard: Only 9 wins. 2 losses (one with Adventurer), and 4 retirements (and I'm sure there were a lot more starts that didn't finish).
Spoiler :
like Folket, whb, and High King J.J.
2. I didn't do this a year or two ago when I first thought about it and we had more players.
Spoiler :
My great relief: Tolkien estate didn't send their lawyers after us to stop the game.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

I didn't have time to finish before the deadline - in fact I'm still playing this game! Very nice, well designed map. Kudos to Deckhand - must've taken ages to create this!

Looking at the where-everyone-settled map, I'm surprised at how many settled in place, since the lack of any forests of resources next to that tile meant you were short of a hammer/turn until the first border pop. I think that would've held back producing the first worker (everyone went for worker first, right? :) ) by 2, maybe 3 turns. In my unsubmitted game, I settled 1W to make sure I was next to the stone tile to avoid that problem. (Have to admit though even I didn't see the problem until I actually opened the game, and I might have made the same mistake if I hadn't stopped to think very carefully about settling).

Though I didn't finish it, I did find this one of the most fun xOTM experiences I've played in. Good idea, well executed. Having it be hard was fine -- it was quite fun to have a game that was "too hard" at Monarch.

Though I didn't finish it, I did find this one of the most fun xOTM experiences I've played in. Good idea, well executed. Having it be hard was fine -- it was quite fun to have a game that was "too hard" at Monarch.
:agree:
:gripe: Saruman :backstab:

Top Bottom